October 05, 2005

Wednesday, 5 October 2005 [7:45 p.m.]:

Keith –

Hi, hon. Had the day off from work and went to a skin clinic to have a mole removed – but the one that my chain had been irritating (and the reason why I made the appointment) had fallen off! But, he did take two tiny ones off my back.

I paid off my new bracelet – it’s a black band with a sterling silver clasp and sterling and cubic zirconia letters that spell out K-E-I-T-H. The letters are about 8 mm (3/8th in) tall. I am awfully proud to be wearing it and so proud to be someone that you considered to be a friend. You are a very, very special man. You know sometimes when I get a bit cranky with people, I think about you and that discussion that we had about being rude (you were always so sweet to me) and I try to honour you by being a more considerate person. Thanks for helping me take a step back sometimes.

Found out about a great airfare today going Sydney-Osaka-Los Angeles with a stopover in Osaka for 24 hours and including two meals and hotel at the airport. Warwick and I have flown to the U.S. this way before and it’s lots of fun. Plenty of time to take the train from the airport into Osaka and back. I’d get the Los Angeles – Vancouver flight in Los Angeles and probably be able to get it on a stand-by fare. Only two problems – JAL’s fare ends on 25 October and flights on days like 26 and 27 November are already fully booked. Damn! – I wish Don and who ever has your Post Office box would get back to me, this is all just taking too long and frustrates the crap out of me. But I have to admit that it’s been fun thinking about going to Japan again, if I had more $$$ I’d have a longer stopover and go up to Kyoto.

I am worried about Don – do you suppose he’s alright? I am positive that he’s the type of man whose word can be trusted and he promised me that he’d look after the package and email me when he sent it. Can it really, really be that long between times that he is home? Jeez, the guy needs to get a life (I know he thinks the same about me – LOL!). I will have to write him again, I’m afraid. I hope he hasn’t ditched his yahoo email account in a misguided attempt to avoid me! He no longer even needs to mail the thing, I can pick it up from somewhere myself. The Lonely Planet guide to BC that I got is pretty lame – no mention of Abbotsford, for instance, and they say "108 Mile HOUSE" – LOL! Oh, well, it’s a start plus I have that lovely person up at Quesnel that says he’ll help and a guy in Barkerville that I need to get back to, too.

OK, honey, got to go and start on some letters. I felt lots better today, thank God. (In spite of the fact that Ruffie made a mess of the house again - ;-( - she well and truly deserves the title "Destructo Dog" that Graham gave her.)

‘bye for now, hon – love you…

- Tiger Woman

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home