October 05, 2005

early Wednesday, 5 October 2005 [12:15 a.m.]:

Keith –

Hi, hon, just me. (Who else would it be, LOL!)

Well, I was totally bold today and did a couple of bold things:

One – I rang Warren and asked him if I could go up to Queensland with him in his truck.

Two – I put a Profile up in Lavalife’s "Relationships" section. Here’s what I wrote:

"Hello from the upside-down part of the world! I’m an Aussie/Yank hybrid who has become disenchanted with life here in the frenetic bustle of Sydney’s western suburbs. After much thought, I have decided to look for a serious, long term relationship with an honest, caring Canadian man from a remote or smaller town (if you’re an American from a remote area in the northern states, I’d be happy to have contact with you as well). I am planning a trip to the Cariboo/Chilcotin, Thompson/Okanagan and Vancouver Island areas of BC sometime between late November and mid-February. I am a hard worker, very caring and generous and completely (often painfully) honest. I am University educated, well read and well travelled but hopefully not a snob! ;-) I am looking for a partner and a lifestyle based on respect, trust and mutual affection. It would great to find someone interested in the outdoor life, watching the myriad stars on a summer’s evening, dancing at the local pub, singing out loud to rock anthems, cooking up a storm in the kitchen and encouraging each other in personal pursuits like art, music, hunting, photography, camping, motorcycles, house building. If I decide to get a tatt, will you hold my hand while I get one? Will you save me from hairy spiders and promise not to tickle me? Would you ban me forever if I got a dent in your beloved pickup truck? If I wake you with kisses will you promise not to roll over and play dead? I’m very young for my age (see my Profile under ‘Dating’) and I know this whole process will take some time but let’s start communicating and perhaps meet over the winter and see where this takes us. BTW: I’ve got Metallica on right now and some curiously appropriate lyrics – "Trust I seek and I find in you, every day for us something new. Open mind for a different view - and nothing else matters"."

Well, that’s pretty bold I reckon and ya’ it looks like I’m looking for you all over again – and why the hell not? I know I’m not going to find you and I’m not going to see you again until you finally reach out your hand to me but there has to be somebody, somewhere for me. I’m too nice a person to just sort of waste away all on my own. So I’m moving on like you asked me to do and we’ll see where I wind up.

Miss you (and, no, I haven’t heard from Don).

- Susan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home