June 09, 2005

Thursday, 9 June 2005 [6:30 p.m.]:

My Keith –

It was four months ago today that we last spoke on the ‘phone. It still seems like it was only moments ago – you were so happy, so well, so funny. I never really thought that it would be the last time (in this life) that I would ever speak to you.

I wonder if you know the following Metallica song from the S&M disk? I think you probably do. Paul got me listening to it; like Uncle Kracker, it's another song from a friend who has no idea how appropriate it might be.

Nothing Else Matters lyrics (Metallica)

So close, no matter how far - couldn't be much more from the heart.
Forever trusting who we are and nothing else matters.

Never opened myself this way. Life is ours; we live it our way.
All these words I don't just say and nothing else matters.

Trust I seek and I find in you - every day for us something new.
Open minds for a different view and nothing else matters.

Never cared for what they do, never cared for what they know -
but I know.

So close, no matter how far - couldn't be much more from the heart.
Forever trusting who we are and nothing else matters.

It is as it says – "so close, no matter how far – and nothing else matters".

Venus is beautiful tonight and the moon hides her face. The day was warm but the night will be cool.

I might write again tonight or maybe tomorrow. I need to apologise to Colleen and Alison (and to you) and I have to think about it first. Oh, an apology to Don wouldn’t hurt either.

Have a good time where you are, Grizz. Help me to be the person you want me to be, the person I should be. I need to be more like you and more like my mother.

"We’ll get together when we can" - at once a prayer and a promise.

- Susan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home