June 13, 2005

Monday night, 13 June 2005 [11:30 p.m.]:

Honey…

Just had a horrible thought – in a couple of days it will be my birthday and from here on out I will just get older and older than you. There you are permanently stuck at 45 – and that reminds me of a poem they say here on ANZAC Day, let me see if I can find it on Google.

Excerpt from "For the Fallen" by Laurence Binyon:

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old;
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning,
We will remember them.


No, honey, no growing old for you, you have already suffered enough. And you know that I think of you at all times of the day and night and I always will.

Today was all artsy-crafty. I’m working on a painting as one of my entries into a painting competition and I got most of the background painted. It’s sort of in the Aboriginal style. (You should see all the tubes of paint and brushes on my desk!) Then I did a bit of work on your album. I’m working on the "Skiing & Sledding" pages – two pics from Big White on Christmas ’98 and one Ski-doo pic from Christmas ’97. I’m using five different papers in sort of a dusky blueberry blue. Looks nice.

Time for sleep – back at work tomorrow and I still have a bit of a cold in my chest and sinus. Yuck.

Lovin’ you, Keith –

- Susan

1 Comments:

At Tue June 14, 09:58:00 pm, Blogger Vernita Hoyt said...

I'm still reading your blog, Susan. When you spoke of four long months, I remember myself after four months and empathize with you. Keep your chin up. Keep going one day at a time.

I didn't know you paint, too. It's great therapy. Keep it up. On a side note, did you receive the orang painting yet? It should be there or close to there by now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home