May 15, 2005

Wednesday night, 27 April 2005 [10:30 p.m.]:

Hi there, my Canadian honey.

Thought about you a lot while I was at the seminar today and wondering at times what your input and your reaction would be. Thanks for all the times you gave me a nudge (or a boot in the butt) to make myself better. I’m on a high and it’s really good – the only thing that’s missing to make it perfect is you.

We should have gotten the cable modem installed today but when the techie came out there were problems with the conduit that runs from the street to the house and the telecom company has to apply to the local government body for permission to dig it up and replace it. It will be at least two more weeks before we have internet access – I feel as if I have dropped out of the world! (And that means that I’m unable to make postings to my blog.)

No, your parcel still has not arrived – I am so disappointed. I don’t work tomorrow but I’m at Uni on Friday so I will have to contact Don using my staff email address because he should be back from his remote post and I’m guessing he has contacted Vancouver and gotten the word from "the family" about it. Did I mention that I am going to ask him if it’s OK if he asks them to send it to him and then have him post it on to me at my new address (‘cuz you would have addressed it to Walter Street). That way they don’t have to deal with me at all or take any responsibility for it and I will feel more secure knowing it’s in Don’s hands. I know he would want what you wanted to happen.


Jerri from my School at Uni attended the workshop today and we walked from the university to Central Station in the city. I was on my way to a tattoo salon that I’ve heard does good work. Got helped by a nice guy name Zack who seemed to know exactly where I was coming from and made some really good points about colouring, etc. so I know he understands what I want. He’s also happy to do some preliminary sketches to make sure that we’re both on the same page. They have a website (www.theillustratedman.com.au) so you can see the work of the different artists to help decide who is best to do it. But I liked this guy, he was a really appealing person – intelligent with a sense of humour [lemmee see, now who does that remind me of? ;-) ]. He at first thought that I wanted it done like right then but, not only did I not have my sketches, but I also didn’t have a lot of money to get it done with (what does the bank manager think when you ask for a loan to get a tatt?). BTW – they had this spider tatt up with the sketches that looked a lot like the tattoo that you have on your inside left elbow. Oh, yeah, the tatt’s not going to be on my a$$ like I had first thought, it’s going to go somewhere else and you’re just going to have to wait and see! I’m not getting this tatt for you, Keith, it’s for me but it is very much a celebration of our relationship. I was going to get "Always with me – KD" but I’ve decided that just goes without saying and doesn’t need to be stated – it’s just the way it is and I don’t have to prove it, it just is. Besides, I don’t need to be initialled like I’m your property – I don’t belong to you, I belong to me but I choose to give myself to you – do you see what I mean?

Tired tonight from too many late nights so I’m going to end here by telling you (again) how thankful I am for your presence in my life. I have so many, many fond and funny memories of our time together. I miss you and I love you and I can hardly wait until I see you again.

Enjoy yourself and do exactly whatever you want to do and all of us down here can just get buggered ‘cuz you deserve the very, very best. Your biggest fan and most ardent lover –



- Susan

P.S.: Now you know, don’t you? And you see, it wasn’t like you said, was it? Good thing for us both.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home