May 15, 2005

early Sunday morning, 24 April 2005 [12:10 a.m.]:

Honey, I just got home from an amazing night. You won’t believe how it wound up. I’ve just gotten home from the bush music thing at Guildford. There were six members in the band, playing fiddles, drums, bodhran (Irish skin drum), tin whistle, guitar, percussion, ‘lagerphone’ and bass viol (I think that what it’s called). They played shearing songs and drovers’ songs and ‘Waltzing Matilda" and their Irish reels were especially good. There was this long and fuzzy-haired violinist who was so funny and an excellent fiddle player. A lot of the music (especially the tin whistle) reminded me of Mark that I mentioned way back in January in this blog ("Dancing at El Arish").

There was this man sitting in front of me whom I was really interested in. He was a bit short and stocky and his hair must have been quite long – he had it in a braid that was tucked down inside of his collar. He seemed to have really enjoyed himself – he clapped and tapped his feet and moved to the music – that’s why I liked him. I had no idea what to do – sit down next to him, ask him to dance, what? And he was a non-smoker (not like some people I know, nudge, nudge. BTW: Hope smoking is banned in Heaven). I kept imagining doing wicked things like brushing his hair over and over. Towards the end of the night, one of the band’s crew asked me to dance, so there I was up in front of everyone. When I sat back down I was hoping he'd get the nerve and ask me but he didn't. Then another band crewmember came and asked me to sit with a group of people who all knew the group. A couple of guys started hitting on me so I finished my drink (diet Coke :-P ) and got up to leave. This sly fox engineered it so I wound up walking out at precisely the same time as the longhaired man that I had my eye on. He never spoke to me and I didn’t know what to do. The entrance that I had come in was closed and I didn’t know where the other exit was so I followed him and I softly said "Good thing you know your way around" but he never answered me. I don’t know if he heard me or not. You know what they say, "She who hesitates is lost".

So I walked out through the parking lot and said goodnight and thanks to the drummer who was loading equipment into a SUV. I looked up and what did it say on the side – I about died – it said "SAGE"!! I said "Sage!" and he asked me what was the matter with that and I told him about you and your hat and that you think Sage makes the best flyrods in the world. His name is Justin and he runs flyfishing tours (
www.sydneyflyfishing.com.au). He said he had recently read about a Canadian fisherman who had passed away on a site (www.danblanton.com) and he thought that your surname sounded familiar. He looked in his truck to see if he had a fly to give me but he couldn’t find one. We both thought that it was fairly amazing that we had run into each other like that and that the world can be a fairly small place sometimes.

Well, I’m glad I ran into Justin but I’m bummed that I missed out on meeting the longhaired man. Am I read to "move on"? No, not really but this guy did look like a really nice person. So many guys are afraid to get into the music like he did. But would it have been fair to him to take him on as a friend or a lover when I am so totally in love with you? I really don’t know. But, really, that’s for him to decide and whoever I meet will definitely be told your place in my life because not to tell them wouldn’t be fair to either of you.

Well, if you engineered that little deal with the Sage logo, thanks. It’s good to feel your tangible presence in my life. It was a good night but it could have been better (but I didn’t "live life to the full", did I?). My fault for being so shy or whatever – I honestly didn’t know what to do. Next time I promise this tiger will pounce, OK?


Missing you always and loving you completely –

- S.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home