May 13, 2005

Sunday night, 17 April 2005 [9:00 p.m.]:

Hello, my main man! Thought about you and missed you all day again today.

"Tristetate et lacrimis gravis est dolor."

That’s from Cat Steven’s "O Caritas" and it translates from the Latin to "with sorrow and tears, heavy is the grief." Well, he got that one right.

But I guess I didn’t really grieve for you today, honey, more like missed you heaps, as I do. Visited my second scrapbooking shop and signed up for a second introductory course. It’s good - working on your scrapbook is going to be a good outlet, a good way to spend time and fun learning something new. I’ve pretty much decided that when I’ve finished mine (well, I doubt very much that it will ever be really finished, I think it will just grow and grow) I will do one for Alison and send it to her (anonymously, I’m sure) for Christmas. Of course, it will be very different to mine (none of the "love ya, honey" stuff) but it will be nice with a section for fishing and one for hunting and for Kisa and miscellaneous stuff like the photo at Big White, etc. And I thought I’d try to figure a way to make up some blank pages so that she could add pages from high school or the school district or your and Colleen’s wedding. Oh, I almost forget – the kids (jeez, that’s not good – I almost forgot Craig and your daughter! I’m sorry, honey.)

We ripped out the rotten linoleum and particleboard from inside the kitchen cupboards and set off cockroach bombs all through the house and the attached shop. We chucked the cats outside and went to the hardware store and the scrapbooking place. When we got back 2-1/2 hours later there were all these dying cockroaches outside on the back porch. Eeewww. We found a dead mouse skeleton in one of the kitchen cupboards – ick. Then Wozza went ‘round with a concentrated exterior surface pest spray and sprayed the outside. Poor Steve – the cockroaches will probably all move over to his place. He was telling me when I was up at the hospital that he is plagued by mice and can’t use the lower kitchen cupboards as they are filled with mouse droppings. Gross. He even found a live baby mouse living inside a loaf of bread. I told him he should have one of my cats stay over there for about two weeks and his mouse problem would disappear. Warwick and I also lined the cupboards with some really heavy, old-fashioned linoleum squares so it is improved 150%. However, we decided we are only going to put stuff like cleaning products in the lower cupboards. Don’t know how we’re ever going to find room for all our stuff!

While we were out, Warwick and I also stopped at "Tattoo Temple" so I could check it out but they were, unfortunately, closed. He said it would be funny when we went in there and they assumed it was for him and not for me – LOL!
Going to have to ask Steve if he has a garden tap on the front of his side of the house – we don’t have one at all in our front yard (weird, eh?). Looked at a few plants to put in – peach-coloured roses (I HATE red roses), a dark purple flowering tree called "tibouchina" (I think that’s it – with no ‘net connection, I can’t check with Google) and, of course, just for you, a jacaranda tree. Haven’t see one for sale yet but I’m sure I’ll find one. Keith’s tree, right in our yard! That’ll be cool!

OK, honey, I love you and miss you but I am going to finish here tonight. Gonna charge outside and check out the state of the stars. (Can’t wait to get back on the ‘net and check out the Australian constellations.)

All of me loves all of you –

- Susan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home