May 12, 2005

Thursday night, 14 April 2005 [11:45 p.m.]:

Hi, Grizz, it’s your Tiger here. Missed you a lot today and I didn’t get to bed ‘til almost 3 a.m. last night so I wasn’t at my best.

Spent four hours on the ‘phone with the internet provider today who insisted I had to have ADSL instead of cable (and it was more expensive than cable) and there was all sorts of stuff ups about the delivery of the self-install modem, etc., and they don’t support Macs, blah, blah, blah. Even though I have had the same ISP for years, I finally threw in the towel and went with their competition who were able to set us up with cable (and for less). Only problem is that I have to have a new email address [and I only get one ;-( ] and installation doesn’t happen until the 27th so I will be off the air until then. Not sure what to do with my Horizons website.

You’d go ballistic if you saw this place, honey. For a start, it’s a dump but it has the added feature of having boxes and crap all over the place. Ya’, I know you had unpacked boxes at 108 but this is terminal. And you are so neat – I’d really hate to think what your opinion of it might be. Now 18 Walter Street was kind of messy and I used to wonder what would happen if you showed up at the door but this place is the ultimate dive (at least for now). But we’ll get there and it’ll be pretty with all the stained glass. Too bad somebody decided to put up cheap, nasty fake wood panelling in my bedroom and in the kitchen. And the kitchen is sooo dark – not at all like your kitchen at 108. You so loved that kitchen, didn’t you, honey? Oh, yeah, was it the house at Woodstock Drive, Abbotsford where you had the fireplace with the bearskin rug? Yeah, it probably was. That room was so neat it was like sterile.

Still no package. Honey, I am just devastated that I haven’t been able to have your hat and whatever else you meant for Warwick and I to have. That good old Sage hat with the sweat-stained bill – how many pictures of you do you suppose I have with you wearing that hat? And remember how you weren’t going to send it until you got back from Mexico? But you were pretty sick a lot of the time when you got back and you just weren’t able to organise it. And that’s OK, honey, and I thank you for the very fact that you wanted to send stuff to us. You were so good to me, honey, and I miss you so. And I always will. Always.

Had a funny daydream today. You took time out in Heaven from your usual pursuits and spent some time charming the pants off everyone – not to mention flirting with the angels. And what do you suppose was left hanging on the pearly gates? Saint Peter took off and left a hand-written sign behind saying, "Gone fishin’ "- LOL!

Grizz, I seriously want to come and be with you, I really do. Now like I asked you before, you’ve got to do some arranging and find a way to get me up there. Now my whole life I’ve been scared of car accidents, now I just wish I’d get in a serious wreck where nobody else gets hurt and I get taken out instantaneously. Just hold your hand out to me and I’ll be there. Warwick is the same age as your daughter and that’s old enough to cope. You told me nobody loved me as much as you do – now it’s your turn to prove that. We can be together as much or as little as you like (you get to call the shots as per usual, you bugger!) and when we’re not together, I’ll go see my Mom and ya’ know, I’d kinda like to see my sister Peg. I know! You’re waiting for me to get my tattoo, aren’t you? OK, I’ll get the tatt and I’ll bring my iPod and wear my sexy lingerie and those too cool sequined and embroidered jeans. You’ll go nuts, I promise. You’re a lucky man, KD! (And you deserve to be, after every thing that’s happened.)

OK, sweetheart, time for me to head off. Please don’t worry about us, honey, ‘cuz now is your time. Worry about your daughter, worry about Alison, worry about Craig, worry about Colleen, worry about your friends – but don’t you dare worry about us – we are OK like I promised you. I think that "the family" has some serious issues and there is some healing that needs to be done so maybe you could help them with that. Don loves you and misses you a lot but I know you two meet in the stars and I know he’ll be OK – he’s a cool dude. As for me – I miss Ken, I miss my hat, I want to be with you and I could use a little help with my Promises (especially the first one, it’s too soon for much to be done about the second). And, honey, thank you so very, very much for being the excellent person that you are – you are an inspiration to almost everyone! You have put an entirely new spin on my life and you have taught me so much. I love you so. Enjoy yourself and promise me you won’t worry! Always in my thoughts –

- Susan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home