May 12, 2005

early Thursday morning, 14 April 2005 [1:00 a.m.]:

Whatcha doin’, honey? – having fun I hope. ;-)

Kind of a mixed day today – started out on a high note, ended up a bit down. I went over to the old house to pick up the stuff that was there for the St. Vincent de Paul Society and I checked the mailbox. There was a card from the Post Office (even though I had submitted a redirection order) that they had tried to deliver a parcel. I got so excited thinking it was your package for me! I even sort of dragged my feet a bit going to the Post Office, just to draw out the anticipation a little more. But, sadly, it wasn’t your hat; it was a book on grieving that I had ordered ("I Wasn’t Ready to Say Goodbye") ‘cuz I just have to find a way to come to terms with your death and, as they say, "move on".

Tears tonight – I am still stunned by the reaction of the Abbotsford mob. Are they trying to punish me, to hurt me? Are they that threatened by me loving you or, God forbid, you loving me? I think it’s just a dirty damn shame for everybody, we are all losers in this regard. But please don’t worry about us, honey, we’ll all get through this eventually. Which, for some reason, makes me wonder how your Mom is doing and I have to wonder again whether they have broken the news to her – I sure hope not, I just don’t think it would serve a useful purpose.

Anyway, my old Canuck, for some reason I played "Woke Up With Wood" about 70 times tonight, over and over. Sometimes the Top seem like the only ones for it, don’t they? Just gotta make you laugh (like when he laughs at the beginning of "Pearl Necklace" – it just cracks me up).

OK, my very best buddy, it’s time for me to head off to bed. Have a really, really good time up there – drink all the coffee and the beer (after all you don’t have to rent it anymore – LOL!), hunt all the game and keep your lines tight! All the love in the Universe and the light of one perfect star headed your way –


- your Susan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home