May 15, 2005

early Wednesday morning, 27 April 2005 [12:10 a.m.]:

Bugger, honey, it’s happened again! It’s after midnight again and I have to be up early tomorrow because I’m doing that "Developing Confidence and Personal Power" course at the Main Campus. (Which I am really looking forward to and it sounded in the description like just the sort of thing that you’d like me to do.)

Full moon tonight and it’s beautiful. Been out with the stars about three times tonight – did you feel me looking for you?

Had a l-o-n-g conversation with Rick’s Mum tonight. It was really good – it was the first time that I really felt that we came together. She’s very intelligent and a bit, um, offbeat and we had a really good talk (be interesting to see on the ‘phone bill – she’s in Perth). She is packing up and moving to England next month so we talked about that and about Wozza and also a bit about you (no surprise there, eh?). She was amazed when I told her about the Sage logo on the side of the SUV and meeting Justin – she’s as sure as I am that it was all your doing. I think it was your way of showing your approval for me getting all dressed up and getting out there and having a good time. Like I’ve said, I’m ‘moving on’ and we are OK but I just refuse to "get over" you. I love you too much and I always will. And that’s one thing that came out very strongly in my talk with Babs – how grateful and thankful I am for you – to the Universe for letting you be yourself and to you for letting yourself love me.

Saturday is going to be another special day! My very best Australian girlfriend, Marla, is coming down from Brisbane for a visit! I love her so much; she is just the best. She has a really great family (well, except for an exception or two, kinda like my brother) and while she has been through a lot in her life she still manages to be a lovely person. I did warn her, however, that a visit to our house includes the mandatory viewing of the Keith photos and scrapbook! It’ll go something like this: "This is Keith and Kisa and the four cubs and Rowdy and Dac and Dalla and Simba and a salmon and a trout and a moose and a bear and a buck and an elk and a mountain goat and ducks and with Bill and Hans and Mario and Dwayne and Brandon and a "sled" and a pickup and skiing and … and … and … (gasp!)". I think that the weather will be fine tomorrow so I think Marla and I might go down to Auburn’s Japanese Gardens for a stroll. And what visit to Auburn would be complete without a visit to some ethnic eatery – lessee: laksa, BBQ pork, doner kebabs, tabouli? – how to decide, too much choice! (You know, there are a lot of Sudanese here but I don’t know of any African-style restaurants.)

Sweetie, it’s a quarter to one and I have to get up early. This morning I sort of slept through the alarm, which is something I usually never do, and I don’t dare do that tomorrow since the whole walk to the station, catch the train, walk completely across the whole Campus, etc. is going to take something like an hour and a half. And that’s if the trains are running on time! So it’s time to say goodnight. Hope you are well and happy and having fun. Give a "high five" to your Dad, your Grandpa and Clayton for me – I love you all…

Missing you (and, yes, some part of me is still waiting for you to come ‘home’)…

- love, Susan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home