May 20, 2005

Thursday night, 12 May 2005 [11:00 p.m.]:

Hello, Grizz – how ya’ doin’?

Today was a rather sad anniversary for me but, in spite of that, I got through it just fine. Work was crazy (Kerrie was away again) but I coped. Thought of you heaps and it was good to be able to see the photos on the wall to remind me of better times.

In good news – we got rain today! Not much but at least it was some: we haven’t had any for ages. Also, I went to a VIP night at the scrapbooking place and got lots of papers and stuff for your album. It’s such a big task but at least I have the photos on disk so if they get spoiled I can always print them again.

Oh, another cool thing happened today! I was walking back from the cashier’s office on Campus and I ran across one of the biomedical/biochemistry lecturers and research supervisors. So we had a chat and I told him about my idea for a Masters by research in PV and that I was looking to frame the research question and he said to come up and see him and we’d have a chat. Keith, I’m going to make you very proud.

No, no package from you and with the rain tonight there are no stars, either. ;-(

Well, you saw a nasty side of me last night, didn’t you? Honestly, Keith, I have tried to be nice and accepting and considerate of your family all along but I have just had it. I simply cannot understand the mentality. And I am stung by their attitude towards me (who only tried to love you the best I could) and their disregard of your last wishes. It makes no sense at all. Except that I did say one time that we are all grieving and each in our own way and grief can make people do some strange things.

Wow! I just had a thought – maybe I should make the album that I was going to make for Alison for your daughter instead! Pity I don’t have any pictures of you two together or pictures of her and Craig when they were little. Maybe if I do the album for Alison your family will learn to trust me and I can get the photos I need for your daughter’s album. There’s another possibility – that Alison or your daughter have taken up scrapbooking and are doing ones for themselves.

Honey, I have to go – I didn’t go to bed last night until after 3:30 a.m. and I have some work to do before I can go to bed. So I’m going to keep this short and say g’night.

Don’t worry, honey, love will see me through and I’ll be alright. I promise.
Three months on and I am as crazy about you as ever. And I don’t think that’s ever going to change. All my love –

- S.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home