May 15, 2005

Friday night, 29 April 2005 [11:45 p.m.]:

Hey, ya’, it’s your Susan again.

Today was crazy at work and ‘cuz I was so busy, the day just flew. Saw from the tearoom window four big cockatoos this afternoon and several crows and magpies trying to scare them off with no luck. My immediate supervisor, Kerrie, is off on a South Pacific cruise so I am trying to do her job as well as mine. Popped in to see the Head of School, Jenny, to tell her about the seminar and thank her for letting me go and she said that she wanted to talk to me. There is a possible permanent position opening up in about six or eight weeks time acting as clinical coordinator for the undergraduate students. Permanent! I’d get sick leave and holiday (vacation) pay and after the probationary period they’d have a devil of a time trying to fire me (right now I think they only have to give me an hour’s notice). Oh, yeah, it’s full-time!! ;-) So it’s all good and I’d be kept happily busy until I start my Master’s.

Nice to meet you in the stars again tonight, honey, BTW.

More computer probs – was getting ready to rip an Alanis Morrisette CD when the CD just died. It acts like it’s not getting power but I have checked all the connections and they’re fine (I keep the side off the ‘puter for just such an event) and I tried restarting. Can’t get the disk to eject or play or be recognised or anything. Actually, I guess I should try it using Windows Media Player instead of just iTunes. No, just tried it and it doesn’t work either. Oh, yeah, forgot to tell you that I am having probs with my iPod!!! And without the internet, I can’t download the latest iTunes and iPod software for it.

Also, last night I copied into Word a number of email contacts addresses meaning to send out an email to everyone from work letting them know that I am without the internet. Guess what – the damn disk that I copied them on to couldn’t be read. I am not having a good week technologically! ;-(

Warwick is about to get notice to pack up and move to his Dad’s or somewhere other than here. He does almost nothing around here, is a total grump and I have to pay for everything – he is not contributing at all. Damn it Keith, you’re not around to have one of your talks with him and I know he listened to you and respected you. Such a shame he never got to go hunting or fishing with you – he loves riding a quadie and if you still had one, he would have walked to 108 just to ride it. Anyway, I have no intention of letting the situation with him carry on, it is just too demanding on me and, after all, he’s stopped going to Uni. Marla’s coming tomorrow and I asked him to help tidy the house and he got hardly anything done. Anyway, it’s after midnight now and I’ve got a bit more work to do before I can get in to bed. At least the place isn’t looking as bad as it did (but there is still a lot to be done).

In case it’s slipped your mind, I just want to remind you that I love you. You are stuck with me you big, lovable dude (and I hope you enjoyed the lingerie parade – you didn’t reckon on me being so naughty, did you? – LOL!!) Lap it up, honey, and enjoy every single second to the max, as I know you can. Now I know you’re not Catholic so there’s some things in Heaven that you probably need to know about. There’s this saint, St. Jude. He’s called "The Patron Saint of Hopeless Causes". Now here’s what you do – go find him and say: "St. Jude, Susan from Michigan is a good Catholic and she told me to specifically ask for you. Here’s what I need – about 1,200 cases of Sleeman’s Honey Pale Ale (that should last me until summer starts, then I’ll order again)." And, hey presto, Grizz, you’ll be set!

So have a great time doing what you want and bask in the love that just radiates out from me. I’ll see you tomorrow.…

- Susan

P.S.: Something I didn’t tell you – while I have the "cub" picture in my diary, on my bedside table and on the wall at work, I have something else open all the time on my computer and you’re probably not going to be too thrilled about it. You know that picture that was taken on the 30th of January in front of Alison’s house with Kisa? You’re wearing that "Action Animals" vest in it. I know you want me to think of you like you were in June and not in January. You’re right, you don’t look so good in it, especially around the eyes. But I love that photo anyway, honey, and it always makes me want to stroke your face and hold your cheek in my hand. It’s blown way up in Paint Shop until you can see the pixels and I know you’d rather I had another photo up but I find this one very endearing. You had less than two weeks to live when that was taken and it’s the last photo I have of you. You sent me other pictures, but that’s my last one of you so I treasure it. Honey, just understand, I just love you as you are, OK? You don’t have to be something or do something or look like something – just be yourself. You are someone very, very special and you mean the world to me just as you are – no demands, no expectations, no boundaries, no limits. Enough of this! Off you go and find St. Jude!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home