March 08, 2006

Tuesday night, 7 March 2006 [11:30 p.m.]:

Hey, Hon…

Hi, it’s me and I’m feeling much better (thank God). And tonight when I got home this fantastic thing happened – a rather bedraggled copy of Clayton’s first book was laying on the top step! I had ordered it ages ago and it has finally appeared. It’s great – I love all the photos and sketches. Damn, damn, damn – I should have let you send me that copy that Clayton had dedicated to you. I really can be an idiot, can’t I?

Got on the Apple iTunes Music Store tonight – downloaded a James Blunt (did you know his stuff, honey?), some Crowded House, some Joan Armatrading (Blunt sounds like her – LOL!) and did some window shopping in the ZZ Top department. They don’t have everything (for instance, they don’t have the ‘Antenna’ album which just might be my favourite) but they’ve got stuff like ‘Balinese’ and ‘Precious and Grace’ as well as the big stuff like ‘Sharp Dressed Man’, ‘Cheap Sunglasses’ and the rest.

I am just reeling from my last conversation with Graham – he has this habit of making pronouncements that are simply not open to discussion. Bloody damn shame but that’s the way it goes sometimes. One day Graham and I will be the best of friends but for me, right now, it’s all just too raw.

Last night, Don R was on Messenger (he’s on most every evening) and I asked him if he had a sec to talk. I told him I had some stuff for him and some of his camping gear and a desk for his boys to use when they are over at his house. (He has two of the nicest, nicest boys.) So he’s coming over on Saturday night and I’m making my famous Thai fish green curry and jasmine rice (Don really likes his rice) and we will see how things go. [I haven’t made that Thai dish since I made it for John S ages ago.] I am hoping we can go camping up north at a place called Fraser Park. I’m hoping we do go and the weather is good – Don has promised to teach me how to surf and we didn’t get to go last time when the weather was so awful. He brought his longboard and a short one for me – and I had two bikinis, a kurta and a miniskirt and didn’t get to wear them! {{{{Susan pouts}}}}. Now I’m going to make a big statement here – I don’t know if you know who Kylie Minogue is but I am telling you she has one of the world’s best butts. And ya’ know what? She will die for an a$$ like mine when she is my age! LOL! So there! ;-P

OK, my Grizz, I have to work on some job applications – they need to be in on Thursday and tomorrow I have to get ready for the interview for the MRS interview on Thursday a.m.

It’s great to look up from my desk and see your photos on the wall at work. And tonight I’m going to read the first chapter of Clayton’s book – I am pumped about it. It couldn’t have arrived at a better time – thanks, hon.

Missing you –


- Susan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home