February 27, 2006

Monday, 27 February 2006 [6:30 p.m.]:

Hey, Hon, it’s me and I’m early!

I did my little bit with the students this morning (urg, I hate it when I have to get there early!), went ‘round to Kerrie’s to help her get up to speed with what she missed last week – and then I left – YAY! It was so good to have a day off – unfortunately there were lots of little errands that I had to do so it wasn’t all happiness & joy but it sure smelt like freedom! ;-) Going to have a rare early night tonight, too.

Had a blue with Jane this morning – she wasn’t impressed that I didn’t present an admin-type talk to the students and I wasn’t impressed that I wasn’t timetabled. She came out and said that I had been announced and I told her that I hadn’t prepared any material (overheads, handouts) and that I wasn’t presenting. I also told her that a thank you for all the work that I did while she was away and on the weekend would have been nice and she said she hadn’t had time – LOL! She sat right next to me handing out materials and getting sigs, etc. and she never said a word. And when I asked Lucy to hand me a box of physics notes she said that, because of her back, she couldn’t. So Jane passed them over and guess what: there were about five in the box – LOL! What a bunch of prima donnas!

I had to have a blood test – my kidneys seem to be packing it in a bit so Dr Ross wanted them checked out. I had to go to the clinic at Parra, too. Then I went to three Woolworth’s stores to try and find one with a working carpet cleaner and chemicals but couldn’t find all the bits altogether at one. They won’t let you reserve them either so it’s just a case of “suck it and see”. I went to Parra Westfields, too, to see if anyone had turned in your wristband but no luck.

Got some groceries while I was out. Ruffie and the cats will have to make do with a “no name” petfood until payday when I can get them the high quality stuff that I usually get them. I got myself some dried fruit, some fresh fruit and some vegies, some milk, oatmeal and yoghurt. This big splurge has left me with something like $2.28 until payday (Thursday) in my account and about five bucks in my wallet. How come I work so hard and have so little to show for it? I still have, of course, the $2,000 for the airfares in an investment account. But what to do, what to do? If I do as Steve C. has suggested, I’ll wait for another year to come and will spend a year working on the fundraising/sponsorship deal. How will that affect Jessi?? How will I know if it’s OK with her? Hon, I just don’t want to write her yet! Then there is my Master’s degree – which will probably mean that I will have to postpone that, too. [I have been really slack – I need to get all the readings out and go through them, see what other stuff I should get the Library to order and get a hold of that hospital in South Australia. And, of course, I’ve got to get going with the solo trips outback to sort of get my head around being on the Skeena alone for so long. It would be just so cool if Don and Jessi would come. And, yeah, the bears do scare me! (But you’ll watch over me, I know.)]

I kept seeing this raven on Campus today. Of course, I thought of you. When I went to leave I went through this sort of rainforest area they have with a pond and fountains and orchids, etc. There was a raven with beautiful golden eyes looking at me. I spoke to him and a student came up behind me and passed us there in the trees – and laughed to see me carrying on a conversation with a bird – LOL!

Speaking of little birds… there is a large, busy intersection in Parramatta at Church Street and the Great Western Highway. Someone had (sometime previously) knocked down one of the traffic lights and all the lights were flashing yellow. It was chaos – everyone was trying to go at once and there were no police or anything. People were pushing in, honking horns, hollering. It was a bit after three and there were schoolkids. There was a little Asian girl trying to cross – she didn’t have a hope in hell of getting across – cars couldn’t even get across. I pulled up to where it was safe, put on my flashers, got out and locked my car and crossed the highway (barefoot!). I had to put my hand up traffic cop style to get across – it looked like a movie – LOL! When I got to her I told her to take my hand and I helped her across. She was very sweet and, unlike some people I work with, gave me a very nice ‘thank you’. My good deed for the day done. I then called the Parramatta police and told them that not only were the cars in chaos but there were schoolkids trying to cross. That little girl I helped was so little, cars would have never seen her.

Speaking of big creepy birds – the other night I got two comments on the blog from someone who had seen me on a dating site. Maybe I mention my blog in my profile, I don’t recall. The comments are moderated now after I had some guy from French-speaking Canada make comments about my profile here (jeez, those eastern Canucks can be irritating!). Anyway, I deleted the comments because I do not feel like advertising my dating profile here. Then today he e-mails me! And tells me that I was “self-obsessed” to leave Ruffie on her lead that one Friday. FFS people! Do you want honesty or do you want the standard fare bullshit??? If you do not like what you read here or if it upsets you: GO AWAY! There are plenty of other blogs to read. I’m ‘self-obsessed’ enough to say: THIS BLOG IS NOT ABOUT YOU OR YOUR OPINIONS OF ME; IT’S ABOUT ME AND MY LIFE. GO GET ONE OF YOUR OWN (a life and/or a blog) IF YOU DON’T LIKE IT.

Well, how many times does a girl get to vent in one day – LOL! Anyway, I’ve put the music back on and that always feels right. I can’t believe how down I can feel and, hey presto!, on goes the music and I’m singing and carrying on. Phew! Good thing, eh?

Miss you, miss you, miss you. Please make the creeps stay away, honey, OK? Oh, bugger, that reminds me! I had another gorgeous, intricate dream last night – but can’t remember enough of it to relate here. Too bad I didn’t write it down this morning.

Dido’s “White Flag” is on and it always makes me think of Graham (but then so does “You Oughta Know”/Alanis Morissette). Then, I think, I need a good dose of ZZ Top – that’ll cure my ills!

‘bye, Hon, I’ll write later. See you tonight in the stars…


- love, Susan

P.S.: Got the Top’s “Afterburner” album rockin’ out of the speakers!

P.P.S.: I swore that if I got home tonight and found out that Ruffie had attacked the bedding on the clothesline that I’d ring the “Trading Post” straight away. Lucky for her, she gets to stay another day. But, phew, she’s on the nose a bit – Wozza will have to help me bathe her when he’s over on Friday. We both get soaked in the process!

P.P.S.: Aw, Honey, “Rough Boy” is playing. I know it’s too late for wishing, but “if only”…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home