February 19, 2006

very early Sunday, 19 February 2006 [12:00 a.m.]:

Hey ya’, Keith!

Hi, Hon, how goes it? I had a great day today – it was fun but I spent way too much money! AND I GOT MY PIERCING DONE! And, hey, you wouldn’t believe it – it didn’t hurt at all! I was expecting that I’d flip right off the couch when she did it but it hurt less than it did when I had my ears pierced (many, many years ago!). The belly bar is too cool – it is mostly iridescent purple but it changes as you move, so it’s purple, teal, plum and green by turns. But mostly purple which, along with jacaranda blue, is my very favourite colour. Robin, the woman that pierced me, was really nice (and she had some serious piercing on her face and some nice tatts on her arms) and did a fantastic job.

The University is sending me to a conference in Hobart, Tasmania in April – so today I put on lay-by (lay away, yeah?) a coat and matching trousers, a dressy top and a "little black dress" with white, black and silver sequins and beads on the shoulders. I am going to redo some of the beadwork to introduce some colour into it, which I can then accessorise. LOL! – Susan the show pony! Imagine if I get a pair of high heels – what a hoot! (Actually I will have to get a pair of dress shoes.) It’s kind of weird but Dr Ross keeps telling me that I’m on this sort of phoenix trip and reinventing myself – I guess I am and it’s fun, too. And the bloody trousers – they were a size 12!!!! That was one nice thing about the black dress – Don R had told me that one nice thing about my a$$ is the shape of my lower back and how it sort of merges into my butt – I had a good look – and he’s right!

I got a little 3 x 4" frame and for once – I printed off a photo of me and it looks nice. I’ve got it next to your photomontage frame and they look good together. I got a little mini dream catcher today, too – lets hope it increases my good dreams and my memory of them and filters out the bad ones. I got this cool ceramic sphere that’s got a lovely pattern embossed and painted on it; it’s with the frames. Then there was this beautiful wooden box from India with a pierced hexagonal-shaped lid. When you open it up there is a place for two incense cones – I also put the little painted elephant that I got in Chinatown in it (it has polished brass elephant silhouettes on the front). I also ordered a new pair of glasses – I need them so badly. Ack, I got a quote to do the carpet cleaning - $350! – can you believe it?! I sure am wishing that I had a money tree in the backyard! (‘cuz my teeth need work and I really want to order my hiking boots from LL Bean so I can be breaking them in.) Oh, I got a black leather wristband with star-shaped studs. I saw one that had those pointy studs that I liked but it had skulls that didn’t look good. There was one with Maltese crosses that was OK but I liked the stars better – after all the stars mean an awful lot to you and me and your mates. And I have this really cool pair of knickers and they have a silver (of course!) five-pointed star charm on the front of them. Very cute (and the teeniest, weeniest back on them that you ever saw!). Too bad for you that you missed out, KD. ;-( Too bad for me, too, eh? I again have to say thank you to you for giving me confidence and a belief in myself. It’s been fun – I know I look good in tight jeans and my boots – now what does ZZ Tops say about it? – "She had a West Coast strut that was sweet as molasses, but what really knocked me out was her cheap sunglasses". That’s me all right! LOL!

A lot of people have been raving on about the DVD "Amelie" so I got it out today – it was quite good – I liked it about a thousand times better than "The Notebook" that you watched last year. I wonder if you’d find the subtitling annoying. I saw a couple of copies of "Field of Dreams" and I remember you telling me about it that last time we spoke together on the ‘phone. Just one of a billion memories of you.


Hon, I am going to try and get to bed a bit earlier than usual – I need catching up after that marathon effort on Thursday night. Oh, I’ve almost forgot – I have to go clean where the piercing is – you have to clean the area twice a day. Even though the clothes that I was trying on were clingy, the belly bar didn’t show underneath which was good.

So what time is it? It’s time for you to check in with St Peter and tell him Susan down here says it’s time for you and Clayton to take delivery of a couple of slabs of Sleeman’s Pale Honey Ale – enjoy, enjoy, enjoy my very best buddy. How fortunate I am to be able to say that we are friends.


Always in my mind and heart – (aw, bugger, I’ve started to cry and that hasn’t happened in a bit. I reckon it’s ‘cuz I’m not eating and I’m tired and, God damn it, ‘cuz I love you to bits and I miss you every single second). ‘bye for now…


- love always, your Susan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home