February 11, 2006

Friday night, 10 February 2006 [11:45 p.m.]:

Grizz –

Hi, hon, how goes it?

Did you ever see the 60s film "Billy Jack"? I got it out on DVD and watched it tonight and of course it reminded me of you and of Clayton. How is he and your Dad and Grandpa? I’m sure you fine dudes are having a high old time as you deserve. Great thing about Heaven is that you don’t ever need a licence to hunt or fish! Enjoy and don’t worry about those of us down here – when the time is right, we’ll see you again.

One year ago today you went to Paul’s and spent the day riding Sunny. I have to wonder where Sunny is now seeing that Paul sold the ranch. It is hard on animals when we don’t really have a way of telling them what has happened to the people they love. I know it was hard on Kisa.

I have decided that I am going to contact Don R again. I am also going to put my profile up on RSVP again because there are one or two people that I would like to contact. But, out of respect to you and this being the anniversary, I am going to wait until after Valentine’s Day to contact anyone. That was the nicest Valentine’s Day card that I sent you last year and I never knew if you received it. I kind of think that you did. I hope so. The card had a lovely way of saying "I love you" but my message on it was definitely saying goodbye and, in a way, giving you permission to leave. You were such a sweetheart and so good to me – I don’t think that very many people (Ken, maybe?) realised. You were such a private person sometimes – and saddled with somebody like me who makes a point of letting it all hang out – LOL!

I only wanted to make a short post tonight so I will leave it there and let you get back to your huntin’, fishin’ and beer drinking! The only thing that makes this bearable at all is the thought that you are in no more pain and you don’t have to see yourself losing your natural abilities – like your vision and stamina. You know that I would have done anything to take the pain away or to somehow win you a cure. I Promise that I will try for others.

‘night for now you handsome Canuck! Stop every once in awhile and think of me and I will know it. I try every single day to honour my Promises. I love you with every heartbeat and miss you with every breath.

One day I will be there… and I don’t think that it can come soon enough.

All my love –


- Susan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home