February 05, 2006

Sunday evening, 5 February 2006 [8:45 p.m.]:

Hi, honey, me again.

Just got back from watching Choy Lee Fut do the lion dancing in Chinatown today. Can you believe that I forgot my camera! I found a large lion head (like the Chinese lion dance kind) that’s a bit over a foot across as a surprise for Warwick. He’s coming over tomorrow and he’ll get it then. I also got him a sandalwood incense holder. And I got a tiny little elephant, a Chinese 2006 calendar, a little red paper lantern and, to put with your picture on the bedside table, a carved black bear. Did I tell you yesterday that I put two sunflowers with your picture, too? It looks really nice. Here’s what the calendar says about those of you born in the year of the boar (pig): "Fair but materialistic, the Pig is brave, thoughtful, polite, considerate and ready to help. He is also reliable and thus makes a lot of friends from different areas. His diligence and hard work pave the way for his great success." Well, damn, KD, that sure sounds like you all right [except I never thought of you as materialistic (but you sure did enjoy your "boy’s toys")]. Here’s what it says about me: "Independent and optimistic, the Tiger is well organised and often works alone. She is lucky and will enjoy success but must refrain from being too self-centred". Ooops, not too good – LOL!

Warwick’s girlfriend, Alison, and his mates Anson, Little Ben and Austin came to Chinatown to watch and afterwards we went to the restaurant next to the CLF kung fu school and ate. When we finished, Alison and I walked up to "The Illustrated Man" so that I could get my navel pierced but they were closed by the time that we got there ;-( . I don’t know why, it just dawned on me yesterday to do it – I mean I am running out of fingers to put rings on so I guess that I just have to start elsewhere – LOL! I suppose that this means that I will have to look around for a decent, clean place to get it done and I will also have to look around for a nice belly bar. I’m thinking that I will see if I can get one in sterling with a charm on the end – I’d like to have a five-pointed star (a dragon or tiger would be better if I could find one).

Chinese New Years is early this year – do you remember that I had reservations to fly to Van on the 12th last year and when you asked me not to on the 9th, I spent the day in Chinatown just like this year. And all day long I thought how I should have been on that plane. That Saturday the 12th last year was Friday night in Canada and I would have arrived at your house in 108 at about 3:45 in the afternoon on the Canadian Saturday. Well, it would have been nice to have met Don and Paul and to see you (I had no idea, of course, that you had sent Ken home) but I didn’t know ‘til later the plans that you had made and why it would have been a bad idea for me to have come. No wonder you argued so strongly against my coming. But I loved you heaps, honey (still do), and any decision that you came to would have been fine with me – I would have helped you, as you now know.

If anything, I love you more now than I did then – maybe because you taught me to love myself more, too. I sure as shit miss you and at times it gets really hard but you were the best, best thing and I have no regrets.

I hope everybody is OK this week ‘cuz this is a hard one… lot’s of special prayers going out for your poor Mum, for Jessie and Craig, for Alison, Bill and Jocelyn and all your nieces and nephews; for your wonderful friends Ken, Don, Paul, Jimmi, Bruno, Doyal, your fishing and hunting mates and anyone that I’ve forgotten right now. I wish that Alison didn’t act like she does – I certainly cannot figure her out – she doesn’t seem, at least to me, to be anything like you. I think that we all should be in touch with each other, I think that we all should celebrate you together. You were so special honey, so good to so many people, that you deserve to be celebrated. Don says it’s your risky behaviour that Alison objected to – well what does that have to do with me? [OK, I admit it – if I had been there I would have showered you with love and presents and all sorts of stuff and I would have encouraged you to do any little thing that your heart desired – motorcycles, jetboats, real fast on snowmobiles, rock music, dancing, laughing, having fun – anything! I would have just spoiled you rotten.]

I know in my heart that we would have been good together you and I, so it makes putting up with a lot of very average people that I tend to meet a bit, well, ordinary. Don said that you lived for a rush – well maybe I do, too, and am only just now finding that out.

Going to go – the cats are calling for me to fill up their food bowls. Oh, I forgot to tell you that I was on the FAOL chat room this morning. A nice bunch. Anyway, I have to work on my application for my own job (jeez, that is pissing me off, I am not very happy with the political crap that is flying around at the moment) and I just haven’t been in the mood for it. But I gotta do it – applications close on Thursday.

K, honey, gotta "love ya’ and leave ya’" as they say. There was quite a pretty sunset tonight so maybe the stars will be out and we can meet.

If you can this week, come visit all of us who miss you (especially Jessie) ‘cuz this is a real hard time for us and we miss you so. Love –


- Susan, your Tiger Woman

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home