January 24, 2006

early Tuesday morning, 24 January 2006 [12:15 a.m.]:

Hi, honey.

Don R. and I are going camping in the morning and I stopped on Fly Anglers On Line to find out what sort of knots I’ll need and the first post on the bulletin board was from a large-ish guy asking about chest waders. I replied about your BARE ones and included a link to OutdoorReviews.com where they had heaps of brands. (It felt nice to be able to help out, even in a small way.)

Then I went on to Jim’s knot section and started breaking down the animations into frames and pasting them into a Word document for printing. And it happened. The room filled with that smell that your hat had when I first opened up the package with the stuff that you sent me. It was amazing – it sort of had a cigar-like smell and the room just filled up with it. And then I got it – you were here with me, weren’t you? I was doing the fly fishing thing and you thought you’d come and pay me a visit. Thanks, hon, I really appreciate it. It took a long, long time for me to ever think that I was ever worth anything at all and now I find that I’m even worth a visit from you! It may sound loopy or corny to those that might not understand but anyone who knew you and those that knew me, especially the me that I was before I met you, will know how significant it really is. Maybe only Clayton’s people will understand it, I don’t know. When we talked about these sorts of experiences you never said what Jess believed or Don or anyone so I don’t have a clue if they’d understand. Oh, well, you and I do and that’s what matters.

K, handsome, I have to go and keep getting stuff together so I won’t be too tired in the morning. Don (the Sydney one) is going to have a go at teaching me surfing – yippee! Our campsite is on a river (hence the fly rod) and about 45 minutes from some great beaches, some great for surfing. Hope the weather is OK (and no bush fires). I bought two bikinis and you should see the little denim mini skirt I bought – it looks really good on me with a tight fitting top (but wouldn’t want to wear it on an escalator – LOL!) but then I know you are right with me and have already had a good look. Good on you, you devil! ;-)

Love ya’ heaps –

- Susan, your Tiger Woman

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home