December 25, 2005

Christmas Day, Sunday 25 December 2005:

Hi, honey, me again.

It’s a very weird Christmas – this is the first Christmas that I’ve spent alone in many, many years (since way before Wozza was born and that was 1983). I’ve done all the food shopping and bought a few presents but that’s about it. Ho, ho, ho.

I forgot to tell you something! Warwick had an accident on the new motorcycle. It was just up a ways on our street – a van turned in front of him and he tried to stop and kept braking harder and harder and he finally flipped the bike. He hurt his elbow from the fall but is otherwise OK and all his protective gear is OK but not the bike. It isn’t exactly totalled but it will be a long, long time before it is back on the road and a lot of money will have to be spent. He still has to pay off the loan he took out, of course. I know what you’d say to him, "Get your bike fixed and get back up on it and go for it. You can never fail if you never quit.". That was special, hon, it really was, when you’d ring up and ask to speak to him and sort of motivate him like you did. Jessi and Craig are very lucky, even if Craig doesn’t yet agree.

Whenever I see the place that you and your Dad and Pop and Clayton are, it is *always* late Spring. What’s it like today – is it a white Christmas in Heaven?

Anyway, I miss you. I’ll write later.

- Susan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home