November 28, 2005

early Monday morning, 28 November 2005 [12:45 a.m.]:
My sweetest sweetheart –

Today was a day for mixed emotions. Even though it was a Sunday, the bell rang at just before 9 a.m. and the postie had Don’s parcel from Canada. Here, finally, right in my hands was the package that I had waited nine months for!

I was able to open it straight away (wasn’t sure if I was going to be able to) and of course I put the hat on and it’s been on ever since. After about four hours, I decided to adjust it a bit to make it a bit tighter so it wouldn’t come off too easily. It is the filthiest, grubbiest, smelliest hat I have ever witnessed and I love it! NO WAY am I going to wash it and people can think what they like about it! I am completely amazed as to why Colleen didn’t ever throw it into the wash but maybe you gave her strict instructions to leave it alone. Boy, do I ever look like a salty dog! (Now I better get my casting up to speed ‘cuz I sure look like a seasoned old fisher woman with it on!)

Honey, it’s late and I’ll write more tomorrow about the other things that you sent me. I’m wearing the Sage hat to bed – so send me some nice dreams.

Love you always –

- Susan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home