November 04, 2005

Friday night, 4 November 2005 [9:30 p.m.]:

Hey there, handsome dude! ;-)

Honey, I don’t know how to explain the way things are right now but I want you to know how I feel and what is going on. Had a few tears twice today, that post from Jessi just sort of set me off. Let’s see, how to explain to you…

For a start, you make me sooo happy! I am doing all this stuff, having all this fun and growing as a person because of you. The things that you wanted for me are all beginning to happen and I feel so lucky and so grateful to have you as my friend. You will always, always be with me. You steady me, you give me peace, you show me a way to be with others. I often look at your "cub" photo and that wonderful, wonderful look you have on your face always gives me the most wonderful warm, steady, "right" sort of a feeling inside me. Always. Here I am, planning this most amazing of journeys and it is all because of you! When people hear that I am heading north UP the Skeena – on my own – they just can’t believe it. I am a very, very determined person and I **always** do what I say I am going to do. Admittedly on this trip I am going to have a GPS and an EPIRB so while I will be really roughing it, I am not going to be completely out of touch. Ya, I hafta carry in (and out) everything – clothes, food, tent, sleeping bag, tools & utensils, fishing gear, the jacaranda blossoms, some water from the Parramatta River and some from the mouth of the Skeena, first aid and survival kits: everything. I don’t even know how far up I am going or how long it will take! I know that I won’t be listening to the iPod (I just want to be completely in touch with the Skeena) and I wouldn’t allow anyone to come along that isn’t a friend or family member of yours. And even if they did come, I wouldn’t want there to be a lot of chitchat – this is a very spiritual journey and I think we need to be completely open to the spirit of the place and to your presence that is there and always will be so. But I tell you, it sure as hell would be nice to sit around a campfire with some of your mates and swap KD/Grizz stories. Damn – would I ever like that!

Don is still down in Van, I think, because I haven’t heard back from him yet. I hope to God he hasn’t had another problem with his truck! (I sent him a short email that said, "I guess that’s what you get when you drive a Ford!" – I’ll die of embarrassment if he really does drive one!

Now here is some really cool news (wouldn’t be surprised if you made it happen)! We had a very mild winter and a warm, early spring and half the jacarandas are completely confused. They usually always bloom when there is not foliage on (remember all those photos that I sent you?) so you just have the dark bark and the gorgeous jacaranda blue blossoms. Not this year – half of the jacarandas have come out with both leaves and flowers (which doesn’t look so pretty). Well, the tree that Warwick and I planted has had all these beautiful dark green ferny leaves – and yesterday I noticed one little flower bract right up at the top starting to open!! The first flowers of that new little tree and they will find themselves in Bella Coola and on the Skeena – isn’t that just sooo cool?!

Going tomorrow to pick up the hydration bladder for my pack and while I’m there have a look at their tents, boots and other stuff. My ISP was down the other night and I missed bidding on eBay on a Garmin eTrek Venture GPS – it sold for only $US90 which is really good – the Venture has a longer battery life than the others. Guess what – you can actually buy GPS devices on Amazon!! LOL!

OK, hon, going to go – come soon, ‘cuz I’m needing one of your hugs (and send one to Jess while you are at it). Love –

- Susan (Tiger Woman)

1 Comments:

At Wed Nov 09, 11:12:00 pm, Blogger Vernita Hoyt said...

You have come a long way, Susan. I hear hope in your voice now. Keep in touch. Keep on going. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home