October 23, 2005

Sunday, 23 October 2005 [9:30 p.m.]:

Heyya, Grizz.

Been doing all sorts of things (but of course I haven’t stopped missing you). I’ve met some nice people (Chuck from Dawson Creek, BC, for instance and he reminds me of you some times) and some real jerks (Steve from Richmond – yuck!). Having a whale of a time with Google Earth and last night I went out with Slav for coffee at a place that Warwick had recommended and wound up picking the first jacaranda of the season for you from the Church Street Bridge over the Parramatta River. It’s on my bedside table in front of your picture and I’d like to take a photo of it but I have to get new batteries for the camera. I found out they were used up when I went to take a photo yesterday. Ruffie attacked a really nice pastel blue hoodie that I had on the line and I had to re-wash it (can’t fix all the holes she put in it, tho) and when I went out to bring it in there was a pretty moth that had decided the cuff was a perfect place for camouflage. Just one of those nice natural moments.

I haven’t heard back from Don! There is a tiny part of me that’s worried and scared that maybe Alison got rid of your package or something so he can’t send it and doesn’t want to have to be the one to tell me. Poor Don, he’s been the meat in the sandwich all along. I like him so much and I’m hoping he doesn’t have to go through something like this just for my sake. But I’m really scared. (Tears right now, too.)

How good it will be to be on the Skeena! You just have to be the Grizz that looks out for me and keeps the other bears away! And I’m hoping that maybe Don can help me to work out a way to contact your daughter if she would like to. I’m so grateful that Don made me think about the season – I mean I’ve only just found out that they get so much snow in Kitimat that the town’s symbol is a snowflake! Damn, it’s been years since I’ve been snowshoeing – that has just brought back some very old memories.

Honey, I’m going to go – I think I’ll spend some time tonight looking at some websites in the Hazelton area and looking at finding some contacts in the area.

Sweet dreams for us both –
- love, Susan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home