October 19, 2005

Wednesday night, 19 October 2005 [10:15 p.m.]:

Hey, there, Keith!

The strangest thing just happened – I had only *just* met someone on LL and we switched to MSN and straightaway they said "so - do you mind me asking who Keith is??" and I just felt my guts drop. I thought, "OMG – this person has read my blog!". Turns out I had downloaded a new version of Messenger today and now if you have something in your "My Space" page it automatically puts it in your contact card (and I can’t find out how to delete it).

Hon, I’ve been having the best time organising this trip! Today I won a 70 L backpack on eBay (there was a nicer one that was 75 L that I liked better but it was going for a lot more money). I was up until 2:45 a.m. last night going over maps and looking at topo maps of the area north from Hazelton and visiting and labelling rivers and lakes on Google Earth. Honey, you would LOVE it! Too bad it wasn’t available before you died because we could have spent lots of time going over the province with you showing me where you took that picture and shot that bear, etc.

Another thing I am looking forward to is just pitching my tent at night (and sunset will be real late due to the ‘midnight sun’ and all that) and then just kicking back and looking at the stars like you and Don used to do. I’ll admit that I’m a bit nervous about bear but I’ll get my hands on a couple of marine flares and I’ll be fine. Wozza is stressing a little – he wants me to have a GPS for safety sake (gotta be on the lookout for those killer porcupines! – LOL!) Even if I had one and needed to use it, I’d have to have one of the expensive ones that sends out an emergency beacon – as if I’m going to get mobile phone (cell) coverage up there!

So it’s all just full on right now – the jacarandas are blooming their beautiful heads off; I’m devouring maps, atlases, Google Earth and websites; and I’ve met some nice BC Canucks on LL. **And Don is mailing your package soon – yay!!** God’s in his heaven and all’s right with the world (except for the sobering fact that your not in it any more and I miss you so much. We’d have so much fun planning this trip together and I’m pretty sure you’d think that what I am intending to do is pretty cool. Feel honoured, Keith, because that is what I am trying to do, to honour you.) It’s driving me crazy wondering if you included Clayton’s book or not. I think I told you that I’m going to stop in to Bella Coola and see if I can find where Clayton is buried and leave some jacaranda for him, too. It is awesome the arrangement that you two had and I want to thank him for the comfort he gave you. I could see that the knowledge that he’d be there for you made it a lot easier for you to face the end. So, he has my love and thanks and I know he knows it. And just like he was there for you, so you promised to be there for me but I try to be patient and find the things that I am meant to do in this life and not try to hasten the time when I can finally see you.

Hon, I’m going to go and I think I’ll send a quick note to Don – he’s been a long time down in Vancouver, eh?

Look down and be happy for me – except for being upset about Graham (who rang today – I thought I’d die) – things have been pretty much on a roll. Only unpleasant thing on the horizon is that I have to get the car registered by the 3rd of November. An expensive exercise.

I love you, handsome –

- your Susan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home