November 10, 2005

Thursday, 10 November 2005 [11:30 p.m.]:

Hi, hon.

You should have seen Venus tonight! It is so, so big lately and the moon is a bit bigger than half full.

Saw this baby preying mantis the day before yesterday – it was about 1cm long. I think that they are so cute. It was on one of my three baby chrysanthemums that have had a problem with aphids in the past – let’s hope the mantis stays around and has aphid smorgasbord on a daily basis.

The topo maps have arrived! I have the whole area from Hazelton to the headwaters of the Skeena covered in both 1 : 50,000 and 1 : 250,000 scales. Hon, this is going to be quite some hike!!! The area just north of Hazelton is just riddled with Indian reserves – do you suppose that I will need permission to cross the land? Jeez, I wish I could get in touch with that pilot!

If Sheherazade had a cave instead of a tent, it would look something like my bedroom. Everyday I hang up more branches of jacaranda to dry. It’s funny but if you sniff the flowers, you don’t notice any scent. But here in my room is a lovely, faint, fresh, floral fragrance. Add to the picture all the little statues and carvings and all my candles and incense burners and posters and it is looking very exotic indeed. You’d be comfortable here, honey.

Going to cut it short tonight, honey – I am really tired tonight and it always takes me a little while to get me and the animals organised for bed.

Miss you as always –

- Susan

P.S.: How on earth did you manage to tie all those flys with your big fat fingers, anyway? LOL! (Oh, go on – you know I’m just teasing you.) Here’s a kiss to make up – {{{XOXOXOX}}}.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home