December 11, 2005

Sunday evening, 11 December 2005 [10:30 p.m.]:

Hey ya, Grizz!

Mowed my lawn and Stephen’s (the next door neighbour) and the hat was great – ‘cept for the top of my ears, it really works! So my sweat got added to your significant sweat – every day the smoke smell is less and less and it smells more and more like you. It’s a very nice thing to have, this olfactory symbol of you. Thank you so much, honey, to have taken the time when you had so very much to do, to arrange to have it sent to me.

When I was out with the mower (I decided that today was a good day to check the air filter) I got to thinking about when I was living on Walter Street and we talked so much on MSN Messenger – if only they had Voice back then!

Remember when I had that problem with the starter cord getting twisted up inside and I couldn’t start it? I will have to look inside your notebook and see when it was. And it must have been right around this time last year, too, that you asked if you could ring me and we had that three-hour talk. That’s when you told me about the leukaemia and I felt my guts just drop inside when you said it. I was a little surprised at the time at the strength of my reaction – maybe some part of me recognised early on how much you were going to come to mean to me, I don’t know.

It’s only barely 10:30 but I am going to finish here – I am so dirty and dusty from doing the mowing today that I am going to go have a nice shower, scrub my shoes and chuck my jeans in the wash. But, before I do, I’m going to go out in the yard and "see you in the stars" like you asked us to do. There were lots of stars to see you with last night in Hornsby Heights at Glenn "Two"’s place but this is so close to Sydney, we just don’t get to see them.

‘Night, you big hunky Canuck! ;-) I like the way you’ve been with me lately; maybe it’s because of the hat. A few tears lately though and tomorrow will make it ten months since you left us.

Love you, sweetheart…


- Susan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home