February 04, 2006

Saturday night, 4 February 2006 [9:00 p.m.]:

Hi, honey, me again! ;-)

Nice day to day, but it didn’t seem like I got very much done. Did some shopping [boring stuff – groceries, clothes, Rainex (LOL!)] and I went to a motorcycle show.

It was the 12th year the show has been run and it featured street and custom bikes. They were giving out all sorts of prizes and the most fun was the "People’s Choice". I had a hell of a time deciding – I wish there had been a category for "Best BSA", "Best Harley" and "Best Triumph" ‘cuz it was really difficult to decide on just one. I really, really liked the BSA but in the end it all came down to a Harley that really did it for me. It wasn’t overly showy (there were plenty of bikes that were) but it had some nice touches. It had the most beautiful chrome wheels – I have never seen anything like them. Just all black paintwork and chrome and very nicely done. There was a 1953 BSA that was cool – I have a feeling it was owned by a guy named Glenn but I am not certain it was his. That was the one thing that was missing – only one or two bikes had any written information about them, about the owner or about the bike or custom stuff. I think that I might contact the club, "The Brotherhood", and see if next year they might like someone to do up an A4 sheet for each entry. Besides, that would be a great way for me to learn more about the bikes. If I had the $$ right now, I’d see if there was a BSA Bantam around for sale – "tried one on" at a party in December and it felt absolutely fantastic, as if I had been born on it. Motorcycles, g-strings and ZZ Top – I must be your angel, eh? There were guys wearing colours from Hells Angels, Banditos, The Ambassadors and Ulysses – only colours missing were Comancheros. Colours were in the minority – but there was a hell of a lot of tatts on display! I had a look at a black leather wristband with studs that looked nice. Oh, that reminds me! I have decided that I am going to get my navel pierced and get a nice belly bar. Why not? I have a nice, flat tummy and a bit of silver sparkle would be nice. LOL! I didn’t dress up for the show at all but after I was there I wished that I had trotted out the mini skirt – LOL! Damn it that I didn’t get the chance to wear it to Seven Mile Beach with Don R that time. There’s a mainly Harley show in April that I’m going to go to.

Hon, I’m going to go and have something to eat. I seem to have lost my appetite these days – I think it’s because it’s so close to the anniversary of your death – at least my hair is only falling out a little now and not in chunks like last year when you were so sick. I was thinking earlier today about how powerless I felt back then – I waved my fist under the very nose of your death-angel but she took you anyways and left me without you. If only she could have taken me and not you ‘cuz the world was a for sure better place when you were in it, honey. Such a shame to deprive so many people of someone so nice as you.

I just went out and picked some sunflowers from the garden and you have two in front of your picture on my bedside table and they look really nice. I like it when I have flowers picked just for you.

Thank you for letting me be there so many, many times for you. Alone, in the dark, in the middle of the night, you’d ‘phone or Message and we’d laugh and you’d relive all your precious times. It means so much that you wanted to share your very self with me.

‘night, sweetheart –


- Susan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home