February 09, 2006

Thursday night, 9 February 2006 [10:00 p.m.]:

Hey ya’, my KD –

Hi, hon. I’ve just been sitting here and I read the notes on our two ‘phone calls this day last year. You got so mad when I said that I was coming on Saturday! Phew! No wonder I gave in and cancelled my flight.

But later when you rang me, we had the loveliest talk – really, I think it was our best conversation (and that includes Messenger and e-mail). You were having the very best day and were so full of energy – and you played me the ZZ Top song on your truck’s stereo system. You were funny and sweet like usual.

Honey, I’ve got to go – if I don’t I am just going to get all upset. I have already started to cry and I am trying to be strong. I know that you don’t want me to cry and be upset so I try hard not to. And if you read this, Don M, you don’t have to tell me that, I’ve known it for more than a year, yeah?

Thinking constantly of you – I am doing what I can to stay positive. I’ve got a good idea about that second Promise that you asked me to make. I’ll write you tomorrow so take care. Know that I love you now and always will. Go be with Jessi, she needs you.

- S.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home