February 17, 2006

Friday, 17 February 2006 [9:00 p.m.]:

Hey there, Grizz!!

Hi, hon – I’m on early for a change. Last night I didn’t get to bed until 3:45 a.m. and I was late getting up so I didn't make it to work until 10:45 a.m. But I made up for it – I didn’t leave until 8:45 p.m. Got a fair bit done. When I left it was the perfect time, just past sunset, to see the landscape in my favourite way – all in silhouette. It looks like intricately cut-out black paper on a shaded rose and orange lit background. You could see everything, tree branches, people playing sport, power lines – the right scene would make a great photo.

I completely stuffed up when I left this morning and I again left poor Ruffie on the lead. It was a really hot day, too. And she is such a goof, she gets all tangled up and can’t figure out how to disentangle herself so she didn’t have much room to move around, poor thing. When I let her off the chain she ran straight for her water bowl. I feel like such a sh*t. I wish you were at 108, honey, if only for times like these when I could ask your advice – what do you think about me getting rid of her? I’ve always reckoned that when you got a pet it was for life, that you just have to take on that responsibility. They’re not like clothes that you can put on and off. You’ve had dogs and I’d really like to bounce the idea around with you. I don’t spend as much time with her as I should and I wonder if I could find a family that would be better for her. I think if I advertise her for sale I’d like to stipulate two things – that I get to visit where she is going and that she keeps her name. “Ruffie” (ZZ Top’s ‘Rough Boy’) is really important to me and besides I don’t want her getting all confused and upset if she gets called something else – she knows she’s a ruffie dog.

A year ago today Don M and Alison and I don’t know who else were at your house in 108 packing up and moving out your stuff. I guess that they were really, really busy. And Alison wouldn’t let Don contact me – can you believe that?! But he did anyway after he heard my telephone message on the 18th. You have nice friends, Keith, and I like Don a lot. He certainly has done a lot for me. I’ve got no idea how to even begin to repay him for his many kindnesses. I hope he decides to keep in touch and doesn’t decide to keep his distance now that the loose ends, like your package, have been taken care of. I thought from the way he sounded like he’d be happy to meet me when I’m over there. I had hoped that he would keep in touch but I haven’t heard from him in awhile (but then that’s normal for Don). There are so many things that I want to ask him about! Oh, well, we will have to see. Whisper in his ear, dude, you know he’d listen to you!

Honey, I am going to go and call Marla and see how she is going with her computer. I’m really tired from last night and I can’t sleep in tomorrow because I’m getting a quote on having the floors cleaned throughout the whole house and then I’ve got the appointment to get my navel pierced. Sounds funny, LOL!

It’s funny, you know… it meant so much to you to be able to send me all those photos and spending all that time talking about them – and now the precious photos mean so much to me! It has really, really helped to have them to help manage the cycles of grief that I seem to keep going through. I know that it will pass, eventually, but, as I have said many, many times, I will move on but I will NEVER “get over” you (and I don’t even want to). Pity the way nobody else seems to be able to measure up to you in even the most insignificant way – you are some mighty yardstick, dude!

OK, love ya’ and leave ya’. Take care, sweetie –


- Tiger Woman

P.S.: Speaking of tigers, last night I bought a long-sleeved shirt from the men’s department of a store. It’s got this patch on the left sleeve that’s got a growling tiger’s face with Japanese-style sunbursts and characters. On the front it’s got “Death Before Dishonour” (which is something I say from time to time) and a skull with large wings on either side. It’s sort of a charcoal colour and looks really nice. It got chilly last night and it was all snugly and warm. What do you reckon – I think I am definitely entering my “bikie chick” phase – LOL!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home