February 14, 2006

late Monday night, 13 February 2006 [12 midnight]:

Keith –

Hi, honey – hey ya’, dude – what’s with all the clouds and mist tonight, anyway? I couldn’t see the stars and that’s been happening way too often lately (in spite of the fact that we are in a drought and desperately need rain).

Well, I went to see Steve C this morning – I will tell you all about it when the time is right. Good meeting, lots to think about. (LOL – he gave me a very European peck on the cheek when I arrived and when I left – I got all schoolgirly about it.)

Because it’s Valentine’s Day tomorrow and in celebration of the fact that Warwick fixed the sound on my PC, I’m going to put in the lyrics from “All I Know” – I probably put them in last year but, heck, I’m going to repeat them anyway.

"All I Know" - by Jimmy Webb

I bruise you, you bruise me
We both bruise so easily, too easily to let it show
I love you and that's all I know.

All my plans have fallen through,
All my plans depend on you, depend on you to help them grow,
I love you and that's all I know.

But the ending always comes at last,
Endings always come too fast,
They come too fast but they pass so slow,
I love you and that's all I know.

When the singer's gone let the song go on,
It's a fine line between the darkness and the dawn.
They say in the darkest night there's a light beyond

But the ending always comes at last,
Endings always come too fast,
They come too fast
But they pass so slow,
I love you, and that's all I know.
That's all I know, that's all I know.

I was devastated when you died, Keith, and I didn’t even know it at the time. When I look back and see myself, I realise that I was a mess. And I thought that I was handling it pretty well – LOL! (I guess when my hair started falling out in chunks and I lost all that weight, I should have worked out that something was going on!)

But life is what you make it and how you deal with the hand you’ve been dealt. Now, I reckon the hands haven’t been real good just yet but the fat lady hasn’t even begun to sing (and I’ll shoo her off the stage if she tries). Something special is waiting for me (can you see it yet?) ‘cuz I’m special and it took knowing you for me to realise that.

Got to go – been having way too many late nights. I brought home some work from Uni – proofreading the formatting of reference lists for some coursework materials but I am not even going to open them up. Warwick came over for dinner and did some chores around here which was a big help. And I’d rather spend my time with Wozza than doing unpaid work for that bloody mob that I work for (said like a true Aussie).

BTW: what do you reckon about me getting my navel pierced?

K, Hon, love you and miss you as you know. (Playing ZZ Top’s “Stages” right now – it’s on my iTunes “Songs for Keith” playlist.)

‘bye, Hon…

- Susan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home