February 16, 2006

Thursday night, 16 February 2006 [10:45 p.m.]:

Hi, Keith!

Hey ya’, dude, I’m back! Can’t write for too long because I am going to work on a couple of illustrations for the physics workbook for the sonography students. At work they have Paint Shop Pro 9 and it is light years away from PSP 6 & 7 that I have here at home. Plus the PC where the software is located is in this funny spot where your back is to the cubicle door and people are constantly coming in and out to use the photocopier. I hate sitting there trying to concentrate and having people looking over your shoulder at what you are doing. They try to act cool and like they are not looking but you can see that they are wondering what the heck you are working on.

I went out shopping today and treated myself to a stack of clothes – most on layaway (called ‘lay-by’ over here). I also picked out a belly bar (really cool, sort of iridescent) and am getting my navel pierced on Saturday. While I was out there was a furious thunderstorm and it rained quite a bit (thank God, because we need it so badly). On the way home I spotted what looked like a brown paper bag sitting up in the middle of the road. I have this funny thing about running over stuff like paper bags and stuff (it’s this weird thing that’s sort of a left over from the war in ‘Nam if you can believe it). Anyway, I couldn’t just drive over it so I slowed up and had a good look. It was a young cat! It was sitting in the middle of the lane, licking its butt with its back to on-coming traffic. I stopped the car, put on the hazard lights, got out (I was bare-footed) and tried to pick it up. If I could have gotten it in the car, I would have brought it home. I wound up shooing it away but I’ll tell you it has a pretty cavalier attitude to that damn road! Any one else would have run over the poor thing.

Then when I got home I found out that I had forgotten to let Ruffie off the lead when I backed the car out of the yard. I put her on the lead before I open the gates, then I back the car out, shut the gates, let her off the lead (and give her a treat like a raw chicken wing if I’m going to be gone for more than about two hours) and I slip back out the gate. So she was stuck outside during the thunderstorm and couldn’t get out of the rain (and she’s afraid of thunder and lightening).

I did bring home a couple of new pieces of clothing – got a khaki peasant skirt, a dark brown heavy cotton jacket and an ivory cotton blouse with antique lace on the front. I’m adding buttons to the jacket and that’s another thing that I want to do tonight. Oh, I got some jewellery to go with the jacket/blouse/skirt. And a bargain! – I found a 20-sheet pack of A4 glossy Kodak photo paper for $9.99!!! Yay, more KD photos for Susan!

My silver chain that the dragon pendant is on broke today. I’ve put it on another, shorter silver chain but will have to get the longer one fixed. Also, a terrible thing happened! I wear two rings on most of my fingers – and I lost one of the ones from my left ring finger – it was a silver (no surprises there!) dinosaur and I bet I had it for at least fourteen years. The other ring on that finger looks sort of like tooled leather – I hope I don’t lose that one, too! It’s because I’m losing weight again – the last that I checked, I was down to 69 kg (pretty good for someone who weighed 97 kg a year and a half ago!).

There were stars tonight and Mars looked superb! While I was out there feeling closer to you I was thinking how I much help I need, honey. Please can you direct some Canuck boot up a couple of backsides ‘cuz I really, really need some help. I’m serious, Keith, I really do and I know you can arrange it. So while the spring thaw is on and you’re not too busy can you please, please pull some strings for me?

I’m going to leave you, KD, to get some work done. Stay close…


- love, Susan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home