July 16, 2005

early Saturday morning, 16 July 2005 [12 midnight]:

Grizz –

I’ve just gotten home from going out to see a duo play at one of the clubs. I saw the most amazing thing there – there was this man that could really, really dance. If his partner wouldn’t dance a number with him, he would just get up and dance by himself. He was so into the music. I wanted to ask his partner if I could dance with him when she wasn’t (but I thought that might be a bit rude) and I wanted to ask him if he had a brother – LOL! It was amazing to see.

I have to admit that I got teary-eyed a couple of times listening to the songs that they played because they made me think more consciously of you (honey, I always think of you, it’s just that sometimes you are more in the forefront of my mind and take up more of my thoughts than other times).

The stars were beautiful when I was on my way to the club so I spent a moment with you. Just a few days ago the moon was the tiniest sliver but already it is half full. And already we can tell that the days are getting longer – I hate the short, dark, cold days.

I was thinking of you on your beloved sled the other day and I am so glad that you lived your life in the way that you did - squeezing the most out of every moment and being such a good friend, brother and father. You weren’t perfect, Keith, but the angels knew you were damn close to it and they just called you home to be with them again. Please help me to be more like you.

Every day that goes by brings me that much closer to receiving your package, which I long for and, at the same time, I dread. When I get paid on Thursday, I am going to send some money to Don. I will have to send it via Paypal because I got rid of all my cheques on my Michigan bank account thinking I wouldn’t need them. I hope he will send some of it off to Alison or whoever since they paid for the postage only to have it returned (grrrr). I am sorry to have troubled them, especially since they have such a low opinion of me (which I think is undeserved).

Sweetheart, don’t trouble yourself over anything. Be strong, be free and be happy. I love you, your friends love you, your family loves you. And we all dearly, dearly miss you. If we know you are happy where you are it makes our loss easier to bear. I don’t know why you’ve gotten so much under my skin like you have but try to make that fact a quietly happy thing for you and not a burden. I love you and want you to have all the very best of everything – everything. And I mean that without reservation.

‘night, Grizz.

- Susan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home