July 10, 2005

Sunday night, 10 July 2005 [9:15 p.m.]:

Hello, Keith.

Busy, fun, cold day today. Gusty wind and not a lot of clouds meant it stayed cold all day and it will cold tonight – thank God for the waterbed heater!

Cleaned out Steve’s Coleman cooler (my styrofoam one is just useless), raked up tons of pine needles (did you ever know a pine to drop it’s needles when it gets cold?), vacuumed out the car, did some shopping, went to the pet supply warehouse to get food and litter for the cats plus a new collar for P.K. and went out with a Scottish man named George**. We went to a Korean BBQ restaurant in Lidcombe (of course, I thought about the time last December when you asked me to go to Seoul with you). I’d seen the place on my way to work a couple of times and it must be authentic because it was packed out with Asians. They put a charcoal burner in the table and you order beef or pork or chicken (some of which has been marinated) and lots of little dishes of condiments and salad and pickle and you just cook your meat the way you like it. Oh, yeah, honey, they had that beer that Jimmi brought you. (As if I needed anything to remind me of you.) George had even lived in Utah and had been out deer hunting and I talked about my Dad and brother hunting and fishing so you were very much in my mind.

What I haven’t done today is work on my painting for the competition – I better get to it! Work tomorrow – I have an appointment on Wednesday morning – maybe I will take Tuesday and Wednesday off and work on the painting then.

I found some great CDs at the Parramatta library – one was Alasdair Fraser [Scottish fiddle plus bagpipes and other instruments (beautiful)], then Ladysmith Black Mambazo (worked with Paul Simon on the "Graceland" album) and a trio that did Spanish and Turkish music but it turned out it was sort of modern jazz Spanish and Turkish and I didn’t like them at all. Of course, I have ripped Alasdair Fraser and some of the Ladysmith Black Mambazo CDs. Listening to Ladysmith Back Mambazo right now – damn, I wish that I had a CD player in my car (got stolen) [bummer, could have asked you to send me yours out of your truck (provided you weren’t giving the truck to one of your friends].

Honey, you weren’t here last night – why was that? (I imagine that time doesn’t work the same way for you that it does for me so I’m sure that you can spend time with your daughter at the same time that you are with me – at least I think that it would work that way.)

Honey, I’m going to go now. I hope you are just filled to the brim with happiness and have everything your heart and head desires. I think that I will never again be truly happy until I see you again. Enjoy everything that you earned…

- Susan

**Well, Keith, you have a ringside seat to all that’s going on. Now I kind of think that, sweet as you are, you were fairly appalled by my age (plus you never saw a decent photo of me). But what is it with these guys? Most of the ones that are in late 40s, early 50s are sooo old acting – they just seem like dried up old men. (Not to mention most of the 40-somethings look at least ten years older than me.) And the one’s your age and younger are pretty averse to going out with an "older woman" (and Rick was twenty-two years younger than me and we were together for 7-1/2 years – LOL!). Oh, well, I guess I will just have to persevere.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home