July 02, 2005

early Saturday, 2 July 2005 [12:30 a.m.]:

Hey ya’, my Keith!

Well, now that it is finally the first of July in Canada, I can finally say "Happy Canada Day"! Good thing that it fell on a Friday so everyone will get to have a long holiday weekend.

Got home a short time ago from having a night out with staff from the University farewelling three staff members who are leaving. It was at a nice Italian restaurant. We had a set menu and they just kept bringing out more and more dishes. The whitebait was superb. I kept looking ‘round the room and wondering how you would have fit in if you were there – and I am sure that you would have charmed everyone. You funny, blustery man with more than a fair share of bravado – you would have charmed them all, I know.

I miss you, hon. I wish, at the very least, we could have our talks on the ‘phone and on Messenger. I am struggling to stay positive (more for your sake than for mine), make it through each day and even try to have a bit of fun. Kerrie’s partner, Grant, drove me from Uni to the restaurant and on the way back to drop me at my car I was looking up at the stars peeking through the clouds and trying to connect with you like you said.

I’m going to go now ‘cuz I want to write a short note to Warren whom I wrote to you about on Thursday. I am still astounded.

At the risk of sounding like a broken record – I love you, Grizz, and miss you. Visit me when you can. All my love –

- Susan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home