June 27, 2005

early Monday morning, 27 June 2005 [2:00 a.m.]:

My dearest, dearest friend.

Ya’, it is late but I didn’t want to go to bed without saying hello to you. Went to the Library today and took back the DVD of "We of the Never Never" and got it out on VHS. (That just made me wonder what you did with that copy of "Two Brothers" if you gave it to that boy you knew that liked tigers so - you never did say and I was too polite, I guess, to ask. You were a funny old thing sometimes.)

Graham, to his credit, seems to cope with the idea of you and that’s a welcome change. Even Rick was jealous of you; such a silly, wasted emotion and especially so under the circumstances.

Lots of things seem to be crashing around me at the moment but I am, just barely, hanging on. I am going to try to go back to the gym this week and also to start back at the scrapbooking place. And I had better get busy with the painting I’m entering in the contest. I got a hooded denim jacket out of layby (layaway) today – it’s for the trip in November. Have to get my winter stuff together now ‘cuz there won’t be a thing available in October when I’ll need it.

You neat freak – you’d flip out if you saw our kitchen ATM. Stuff everywhere – Steve, our neighbour, has loaned us a portable chest freezer and we’re freezing water in it to put in the esky as our ‘fridge and the freezer as the (ta-dum!) freezer. I cannot believe that I am trying to save money for my ticket and expenses and all these things keep happening.

Anyway, hon, I’ve got to go to bed. I know I cry a lot but there are happy times, too – come and visit me then, OK? I love you and I know how much poorer the world is without you in it.

- Susan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home