June 21, 2005

Tuesday, 21 June 2005 [10:30 p.m.]:

Hey, there, Grizz!

A pleasant day today! One of the lecturers (Edwina – she was in one of my graduation photos that I sent you) came to my office and asked me to come up to the lunchroom. And when I got there, there were most of the staff and profiteroles and Mars bars and other chocolaty stuff all for my birthday tomorrow since I’m not working then. That was really sweet of them and, I must admit, they were the best profiteroles I’ve had in years. Even later in the day some of the lecturers who weren’t there earlier came up and said "Happy Birthday" and it was really, really nice. (Besides there was a huge sulfur-crested cockatoo outside the window – a birthday bonus!)

Graham is coming over tomorrow evening to celebrate my birthday – not sure what we’ll do, Wozza has his kung fu tomorrow night so it won’t be a family dinner event.

Tomorrow I’ll be fifty-five and, as I’ve said before, you are permanently stuck at forty-five and I’ll just get older and older and you’ll be forever stuck in the prime of your life. Oh, how I miss your life! Honey, it’s late June and you should be flyfishing, beer-guzzling and charging about on motorcycles and jet boats! Thank God I should be getting a whole pay this Thursday and can finally (I hope) put some money aside for the trip.

Honey, I am going to go and change into something a bit warmer as it’s a bit nippy in here tonight.

Hey, what did you think of that beautiful full moon tonight! Gorgeous, eh? Anyway, honey, all my love to you. I was thinking of Clayton’s daughter’s blanket today for some reason. I wish he would come and let me know what is in his mind.

Love, always, my Grizz….

- Tiger Woman

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home