June 17, 2005

midday Friday, 17 June 2005 [12:15 p.m.]:

Good morning, my Keith.

How beautiful it is again this morning! The stained glass windows are sparkling and the sun on the poinsettia is a riot of intense red.

My cold’s better and I’ve been a lazy slob and stayed in bed late to give it a chance. The asthma puffer thing has been great.

I have concerning news – Warwick didn’t get home until 11:30 p.m. and gave the following story as to why he was so late. He said he got on the train in the City and in the section he was sitting there was a drunk guy hassling everybody. When the man saw Warwick watching him he came over and started trying to pick an argument. One thing led to another and the man attacked Wozza and Warwick stood up and laid into him and used his kung fu training on the man. Result? Man knocked unconscious, bleeding from head, taken to local hospital and Warwick (and other witnesses) detained for three hours at a train station. I forgot to ask Wozza if the police took a blood alcohol reading from him. He’s scared on two counts – is man all right and will he (Warwick) be charged; and happy that he was able to keep from being beaten. He didn’t understand my point at all that what he should have done when the man kept pestering him is to have moved to the train carriage where the guards were located. Warwick also said that lots of people on the train could see what was happening but no one tried to step in and help. That doesn’t surprise me at all – this is Sydney and it’s a city where it’s sort of every man or woman for him/herself. I keep trying to think what you would say to him, Keith; it’s hard for me trying to be both father and mother to him and I have done it for so long. I am looking forward to the time when he goes to his Dad’s to live ‘cuz I need a break from all this.

Last night was a night of dreams (and I usually never remember any!). In one Warwick was dating an Islamic girl and I had to be their chaperone and follow them around everywhere. In another, I couldn’t find any underwear to wear and was running around pantless looking for my G-strings – LOL! Can’t remember the third one at the moment. Grizz, I never dream about you anymore. I’ve seen you and heard you here in RL but never in dreams. But that’s not surprising, I guess, because last night was the first night in many, many months that I’ve remembered any dreams at all. I know that I have this deeply entrenched image of you, Clayton, your Grandpa and Dad in a wooded clearing by a stream and I am pretty sure it must be so where you are as I see it so clearly in my mind and I have for so long.

I seem so depressed the last couple of days and am so emotional. I think the reasons are you + Paul + Warwick + the cold & antibiotics. And the fact that I’m not doing my regular activities (the gym and scrapbooking and painting). How awful to have such a completely gorgeous day outside and to feel so down in the dumps. I am trying, honey, to be more positive like you wanted, I am.

I’m going to go, hang out the laundry and do some grocery shopping. Good grief, I’ve just noticed that I haven’t put any music on yet this morning!

I miss you, my honey, I miss everything about you. "We’ll get together when we can."

- Susan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home