June 23, 2005

Thursday night, 23 June 2005 [7:00 p.m.]:

Hey, Fat Fingers!

Honey, I used to feel sad when I’d look at some of your pictures and see how badly you bit your fingernails. It’s a stress-related problem, honey, and sometimes can be related to problems with self-esteem. (Like you’re a Psych. graduate and I’m telling you this? Not to mention the fact that I keep teasing you, like calling you F.F. like I did here.) You’re a funny old thing, you know – you were so fantastic and larger than life and yet sometimes you came across like you had to impress me and prove to me that you were worth it. I found your first letter astonishing and you never had to prove a thing to me, ever. The sweetest, most delightful man I ever met and now you’re gone. But the positive thing (the things that you want me to focus on) is that you’ve helped me change my opinion of myself for the better. And I can’t but help think of that every day.

On top of breaking my watch and the Uni screwing up my pay, our refrigerator died yesterday (and I had the freezer filled with meat). Guy came today to fix it and it was $160 (and the only part that he put in was duct tape!). Damn it, that comes straight out of the "Susan Goes to Canada in November" fund. ;-( .
The moon was so beautiful last night for my birthday! Huge, round and silver and sailing above the clouds. She looked like the Queen of the Night. Reminds me of some lyrics by the Moody Blues:

Cold-hearted orb that rules the night,
removes the colours from our sight.
Red is grey and yellow white,
but we decide which is right.


I don’t think the moon is cold-hearted at all – but then I wouldn’t, it’s sort of one of my astrological signs.

Do you remember that I said I got out the DVD "We of the Never Never" from the Library? Well, I have it in hardback and I think that I am going to go have a bit of a read of it since I can’t get it to play.

I might write you later tonight, honey. I hope you are as happy as it’s possible to be. Love –

- S.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home