July 06, 2005

Tuesday, 5 July 2005 [11:45 p.m.]:

Hey there, my KD!

Boy, hon, today was a nice day! Lovely out and warm and Warwick and I planted your jacaranda tree in the front yard by the corner of the verandah. I still need to do some cleaning up around the base of it and then I’m going to plant some flowers at the base – maybe some purple cineraria. The soil was beautiful and black for about 30cm (12in) but there was clay at the bottom and I was glad that I bought the compost to put in the hole.

In spite of all the troubles of late, I have to say that I was fairly happy most of the day. In spite of all the crap going on and all the things going wrong I can’t go past the fact that I have a wonderful, wonderful son and I was fortunate not only to meet the nicest, sweetest, most interesting man in the whole world, but for him to become my dearest, most cherished friend. I know I probably sound a tad nuts when people read this but I reckon that I’d be completely nuts if I didn’t love you as much as I do because you were that good, that special, that wonderful.

I was sooo lucky to be able to get to meet you and get to know you and share our private times together – if I weren’t grieving there would be something wrong for sure.

OK, Grizz, that’s all for tonight. I’m going to include a couple of the photos of your tree – maybe we should measure it so we can check and see how much it’s growing. Take care, sweetheart. All my love –

- Susan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home