July 04, 2005

very late Sunday night, 3 July 2005 [11:55 p.m.]:

My Keith –

Hey there, handsome Canuck! A bit of a strange weekend. I spent a lot of time on Saturday reading, Warren is being very weird and I can’t figure out what’s going on and he’s not talking and Graham and I went for a drive up to Dural and I bought – ta dum! – a jacaranda tree for the front yard! I am so excited – it is going to be delivered on Tuesday morning (too big for the car) and I bought a big bag of compost to give it a good start. Just think – in November, along with the other jacarandas, I can bring blossoms from "our" very own tree. It’s only little so there won’t be many but there will be some.

[I spoke to Warren since I wrote that above and have gotten some things sorted out.]

Did I tell you (I don’t think that I did) that I bought some dry flies? You’ll probably either a) laugh uproariously or b) throw up or c) leave Heaven and fly down here and give me a smack (I do remember you talking about spanking me once and I never took the bait and didn’t let on) when you find out that they’re "Rex Hunt" flys!!! Yup, I got me a Red Tag, an Elk Hair Caddis, a Black Beetle and a Hen Spinner – how’s that! You’re probably spewing but I actually like a couple of the patterns. I don’t know what to make of some of the instructions: "use a double taper or weight forward floating line and a 3 to 5 metre leader with a fine 1 to 3 kilo tippet point". Says that they’re for trout – honey, you caught some of the most beautiful rainbows in your time but I gotta say that I just don’t like trout for eating – walleye’s for eating!! But then Rex here is being a good sportsman and suggesting catch-and-release.

Honey, I gots to go – it’s another cold night and I’m looking forward to getting ready and then hopping into that warm waterbed.

I love you heaps, Keith. [Oh, yeah, I got the flys to go in your scrapbook – should look great.] ‘night, hon…

- Susan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home