May 25, 2005

Sunday afternoon, 22 May 2005 [4:30 p.m.]:

Hi, Grizz, it’s me again.

Well, last night was nothing to write home about – I got there late and had a hard time finding a seat. The group was quite good – the first set (of which I missed most of) was songs of various rock/pop artists and the second set was all ABBA. Again, not exactly my favourite. The longhaired man wasn’t there, BTW.

A beautiful day again today and I’ve gotten a lot done around the house. For some reason I’ve been thinking about you a lot – more so than usual. I have to confess – I dialled the Woodstock Drive number today and hung up after three rings. Not sure if anyone answered or not. It must have been about five something Saturday afternoon there. I wish that I had the nerve to say, "Hello, this is Susan and I would like my package. Please send it to Don and he will forward it on to me." (There I go, getting poor Don into strife.) Today you just felt as if you were around, like you were part of the place. I hope that’s true, that you are here and that you feel comfortable here. I think that you either belong in the woods or lakes and rivers or you belong here with us or with your daughter. I sure need you and I’m sure she misses you as well. I hope that in spite of everything that she is able to get on with her studies and do justice to them. Anyway, honey, keep coming back – it’s a great comfort to me, I can tell you!

Guess what! I bought an oil painting on eBay! It is sooo cute – it’s of an orangutan baby in the Houston, TX Zoo and it was done by a fellow blogmate, Vernita. She has been so supportive of me through this whole thing and it will be extra nice to have something of hers here in the house. I bid thinking I’d sort of get the bidding going and was the only bidder so I won with a bid that just didn’t do the painting justice – especially as she is donating half the proceeds to the Ronald McDonald House of Houston. Her blog is at: http://txsauce.blogspot.com/ and there are some really nice thoughts there.

Just sitting here daydreaming and listening to "Rough Boy". For some reason I was thinking of Williams Lake today and that place you went to for coffee. I wonder if you ever got any chicks from the area to contact you via LL since it was Williams Lake that you listed as where you were from. You never picked up on my troll either, honey, which I never told you about and took down after a short time ‘cuz I figured it was a bit dishonest of me. Not to mention it could have wound up hurting someone.

I’m going to close and go do some more housework before it gets too dark. BTW – there were two bul buls in the yard today – haven’t seen any in quite a while.

Not sure if I’ll write again tonight. I love you, sweetheart…

- Susan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home