April 01, 2005

Tuesday night, 29 March 2005 [10:30 p.m.]

My Keith, how ya goin’ – had enough of hunting and fishing yet? Not likely, eh?

About the new place: had a cleaner in yesterday - $60. Had two professional cleaners in today - $250. Had a glazier over today - $71. Meeting the carpenter over there tomorrow - $150. Electrician - $??. Pest control - $??. Seeing the look on the landlord’s face when I drag him before the Rental Tribunal – priceless! [This is the first time you realised I could be a total bitch, isn’t it?]

Well, I did it – it had to happen and I did it – I got up the nerve and the mood was right and I wrote Don. God, I hope he answers me. I also told him about this blog, that he and others were mentioned in it and that he could have the URL if he wanted. I actually feel better having written him – it has preyed on my mind a bit lately (well, fair go! If only there was your missing parcel to worry about). I also gave him my ‘phone number and let him know about the phone card that you got at 108. [I will NEVER forget that day – you gave me such a shock when you threatened to leave your house. I am as baffled about it today as I was then.] Anyway, he might feel more comfortable doing the question and answer thing over the ‘phone but I did suggest that it should be me doing the ‘phoning since it’s so much cheaper from here. I gave him my number (that you always had so much trouble with until you got that ‘phone card – LOL!) in case he wants to tee it up that way and then I can ring him back.

So, ya, today was OK. I cried for you, of course (when do I not?) but stuff got done. I ran into an old digger (an Aussie term for an old ex-serviceman) in a store today. He was the nicest old guy (eighty-seven years old) and we had a good old yarn. He talked about his kids and his house and garden and time in the service – a good old Aussie bloke. I wanted to talk more to him ‘cuz I could see he really wanted to talk but I had to meet someone over at the house so I had to leave him. Something about him reminded me of you and I had one of my "Susan starts weeping in the shopping centre" sessions. Tell everyone to buy stock in Kleenex – they’re making a fortune out of me.

OK, love, I got to go. (Just got that warm, pressure feeling in my chest from looking up at your cub picture again.) Don’t forget about Warwick and I and your friends and Alison and the rest of your family (notice I haven’t mentioned ‘April’ since I haven’t really sorted that one out – you really should be sorry if you got me mixed up with somebody else and didn’t have the b*lls to admit it at the time – you’re a big stinker but I love you anyway). All my love –

- Susan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home