April 01, 2005

Monday night, 28 March 2005 [11:45 p.m.]

Hi, honey. Today Wozza and I did all sorts of stuff for the move – went and got cartons and tape, bought all sorts of stuff in a hardware store: locks, chain, paint, tarps, drop cloths, etc. Then we sorted and packed all our sheets, towels, blankets and quilts. And we got some of Rick’s stuff organised, too. So it was a fairly productive day. Tomorrow I have the unenviable task of ringing our current real estate agent and letting her know we won’t be out in time. Oops! And we have decided to have another garage sale this coming Saturday. Lots to do tomorrow.

And as for you? Well, I thought of you constantly. While I was in the hardware store I got this feeling that I was missing a teammate, that a part of me was missing. And a small part of me still waits to hear from you – you’ll say "LOL! Had ya goin’, eh?". If only, honey, if only.

Nothing from BC and I haven’t worked up the nerve to write Alison or Don or "Ken". I find it really weird that I can’t find an obituary for you – did you ask your family not to put one in? I’m telling you, it’s bizarre. Hard on us that are mourning you, honey, to totally lose all connection with you. None of that elusive ‘closure’.

I’m sad and I’m tired and it’s just gone midnight so I think I’ll shuffle off to bed. I always love the time when I go to bed – it’s my special time with you and I focus on you and on our relationship. I feel all warm and safe when I get into bed and I feel like I have you all to myself – selfish woman.

- S.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home