March 20, 2005

Wednesday morning, 9 March 2005 [11:00 a.m.]

Here I am again. I woke this morning thinking of you and Tina Turner’s "Be Tender with Me Baby" in my head. I am weepy, tired, strung out. It was exactly one month ago now that we last spoke on the ‘phone. I knew there was a chance I’d never hear your voice again at the time but I didn’t think we’d never be on Messenger again. ‘member you said "We’ll get together when we can" instead of your usual "Talk soon" or "Talk tomorrow". If I had known I would have rung sooner but, as I have said, I was trying to let you have your space, to let you decide just how much Susan you wanted in your life, to call the shots.

Be Tender With Me Baby – Hammond & Knight
You got the right to tell me it's all over
It isn't like me to be, begging you.
Don't let go, don't let go,
just stay with me another day.
When I'm not myself, please understand me.
I'm so confused I don't know what to do!
But don't give up, don't give up,
it just may take a little time.

Be tender with me baby, I'm so afraid you'll go away.
Be tender with me baby, always, for always.

I know that you've been patient with my weakness
and that you hate to see me cry.
But I know, yes I know
it doesn't have to be this way.
But I'm so lonely I could die.


- S.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home