March 18, 2005

Friday afternoon, 4 March 2005 [5:30 p.m.]

Guess what, honey? I drove down Spring Garden Street on my way to work this morning (more like afternoon, I was so late) and I found some jacaranda blossoms. I picked up a few and put them on my corkboard at work. They’re not so special as those ones I got for you from the Uni quadrangle but they are special nonetheless this late in the season. I know they are blooming in celebration of you.

Nothing from Don, Alison or Ken. No parcel. I feel completely disregarded and unacknowledged by them. I am trying to say to myself that people are on vacation or getting over their own sorrow. But it’s hard.

OK, before I dissolve into tears again, I am going to the gym. Today two people at work said that I looked great and the other day someone else there said "Girl, you rock!" so I guess I’m not doing too badly. [Cripes, I would have thought the red, swollen eyes would have been a giveaway.]

I know I sound like a broken record but thank you again for being you and for putting up with me and even growing to love me. You can depend on the facts that I will, in the end, be alright, that I will keep my promises and I will honour you in my life. That’s the best I can do, honey.

- all my love, Susan

(Jeez, the guitar in "Rough Boy" is good.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home