March 14, 2005

Early Tuesday morning, 1 March 2005 [12:45 a.m.]

Hey, hon, it’s me (again). Beautiful starry night and I was out looking at the Southern Cross again. And I only cried once today.

Somebody got between the momma tiger and her cubs today and I went around for hours like a bear with a sore head (like somebody I know without his coffee) – today was the first day back for the undergraduate students and some little shit stole one of your twin tiger cub photos off my office door! I could hardly believe it and I was so angry. And hurt. So I have put a note up saying that the photographer died from myeloid metaplasia on 13 February and could I please have the photo back as I need it more than the thief does. We’ll see if I get any results.

Went to the gym right after work: did my little routine – feel better for it, too. Oh, yeah, stopped at the Library on the way home and got some good suggestions from one of the librarians.

The yellow lily with your photo in the bedroom has finally fallen apart – it’s been quite hot and humid lately and I guess it just couldn’t take it. The pink tiger lilies in the dining room and bathroom are, however, still looking spectacular.

Still haven’t heard from Don and the parcel hasn’t arrived. Hope Don is OK – he was pretty busted up that night he wrote me. Keith, the more I think about it, the more I realise how much you loved us and tried to look out for us and improve our lives. You are such an amazing man – so many facets to you, some of them seemingly contradictory – my much beloved Canuck woodsman!

Remember when we’d be on MSN Messenger and you just couldn’t seem to sign off and I kept saying "go on, go to bed!" and you’d keep on and the meds would be kicking in and you’d be about falling off your chair and Ken would be trying to get you to bed… Well, I’m like that now, I just don’t want to say goodbye. Honey, I’ve said it before, but I treasure every single second that we spent together. Every one.

‘night –

- S.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home