March 14, 2005

Monday morning, 28 February 2005 [10:00 a.m.]

I just had the most dreadful thought (dreadful, but comforting in a way, too) – one day the day will come when I go through the entire day without thinking once about you. My feet will be firmly set on the path that you have mapped out for me but my mind will be free in a poignant, contrary way – no more gut wrenching sadness but at the expense of all our memories. God, I miss you!

Knowing what you went through I don’t wish you back and I went into this with my eyes open – we only knew each other about two weeks when you told me about the cancer. How I felt my guts drop inside me when you told me! I will never forget that phone call and how I tried to let you know that it didn’t matter to me, that the knowledge of it wasn’t enough for me to cut and run. So I stayed with you and tried to support you and be there for you and did absolutely everything I could possibly think of to make you life easier, better.

Too sad this morning which, I have to say, is beautiful – maybe I will be blessed with the sight of stars tonight.

- Susan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home