March 11, 2005

Thursday, 24 February 2005 [midnight]

Hello, my good buddy. Warwick and I have just been talking about you – I wanted to know his reaction when he read Don’s letter about your death because he never said much at the time. Basically, he’s saying ‘it’s a shame but it happened’. He’s disappointed he didn’t get to spend more time with you and didn’t get to come and do some hunting and fishing. He was hoping that I might get to go to Canada and after a time that we might be together if it worked out. So I think you’d approve of his reaction – he thinks fondly of you yet he accepts your death. I know you didn’t want either of us to worry.

I just came in from watching the "Southern Cross" – it’s kind of the Australian version of Ursa Major. Not the best night to view the stars as the moon is full but I was missing you and wanted to be closer as you said.

I wonder how April is doing and Jimmi and Bruno and everybody else. If I never hear from Alison or Ken I am going to be pretty damned disappointed. But I’ve got no idea what you discussed with them and what instructions you gave them. I am so isolated here! Please, honey, give them the strength to contact me, please. And those two God-damned paper boxes of photos – what happened to them? I wish I had been selfish enough to ask you for them – you know how much I would have treasured them. And I could have scanned them in for everyone – and what about that huge number of photos you took in Vancouver when you went down to see Kisa? I don’t know what to do about buying the new photo printer ‘cuz I don’t know if I should spend the money on it if I’m not going to have any more to print.

K, hon, I’m tired and I need to go to bed. I think what I’ve just written sounds a little cranky and I’m sorry – I’m not upset, just tired. You have never upset me or lied to me or made me regret anything – how could I not treasure you and love you?

Lovin’ you heaps –

Susan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home