March 08, 2005

Saturday, 19 February 2005 [5:30 p.m.]

It’s now been about twenty-two hours since I received Don’s letter saying that you had passed away. At the moment, I think I am doing pretty good. Marla just said something on the ‘phone about you being gone but I told her you weren’t "gone" at all, that you would always be with me – that we would be meeting each other on another level.

A pair of lorikeets just flew noisily by and I wish you could have seen them. You would have loved their calls and their colours. I was going to send you a card with a photo of lorikeets on it but I was always aware of the fact that you were a professional photographer and what I sent would have to be good. I did send you that photo I took of lorikeets in our peach tree at James Ruse Drive. There were so many things I wanted to share! During our last ‘phone call we both said we had pictures we wanted to send and you wanted a video or pictures of Warwick dancing in the Chinese New Year’s celebrations in Chinatown. Well, the photos are waiting for you now.

During the past weeks I have been intensely into music. I’ve been ripping CDs and downloading mp3s and playing music continually. Funny thing is I haven’t wanted to play anything at all today. I sent that copy of Uncle Kracker’s "Follow Me" to you after Tom B. sent it to me and you really liked it and said that, not long after I had sent it, you had listened to it twenty times! Well, I’ve got you beat – according to iTunes, I’ve played it 783 times – LOL! We didn’t get much time to talk about music but you said you liked ZZ Top (you even went out to your pickup truck and played me part of a track over the ‘phone – LOL!). I found a beautiful old one of theirs I was going to ask you if you had heard it – it’s "Rough Boy". I can imagine you singing the second stanza and me the third. Hmmm- on second thought I can’t really picture you in a musical! – LOL!

Hugs –

- S.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home