September 19, 2005

Monday, 19 September 2005 [9:00 p.m.]:

K.D. –

I have this thing that I do – whenever I see beautiful, remarkable or special things, I always want to tell you about them. I imagine you seeing the world now through my eyes (and I think, too, that when people look into my eyes, that they are seeing something of you). Well, today was another one of those ‘days of birds’.

I got up about ten after seven and I tiptoed like I do (so I don’t wake up Ruffie and the cats get a chance to have something to eat before she tries to herd them!) to the kitchen. For the first time since we have been in this house (Eastertime), I could hear a type of bird called a ‘bul bul’ – they have a beautiful, warbling song and I wanted you to be able to hear it. (I tried to find a bul bul image on Google and couldn’t find one so you could see one – they have this funny tuft on the top of their heads that looks like a spike. Red patches on the cheeks, too. They’re quite pretty.) Not long after there were six or seven ‘superb fairy wrens’ in a tree one yard over from ours. They make a call like the tinkling of tiny bells. Luckily, Google had an image of them so you can see how beautiful they are – there’s a reason they’re called ‘superb’!

Then when I got to work, I surprised two rainbow lorikeets in a grevillea (I’ll post a grevillea picture, too) – they were so absorbed in harvesting the nectar that they didn’t notice me until I was right next to them. When several of us went to lunch later, the same thing happened.

Haven’t seen the hares in several weeks and I haven’t seen any of the cats that I suspect are feral, either.

OK, hon, going to leave you here and get back to some PV readings.

Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy –

- Susan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home