September 13, 2005

Tuesday evening, 13 September 2005 [7:15 p.m.]:

Keith –

Well, I did it. Late last night I wrote a letter to your friend at 108 Mile Ranch who let you use his Post Office box and asked him a lot of the questions that I have been asking of Don. (Who knows, maybe it even is Don!) I mailed it by regular airmail today and I’m guessing it will be there by next Monday. I sure hope that it doesn’t turn out to be one of your family member’s mailboxes but I’m pretty sure it isn’t. And I am also hoping that the person who had the box over the winter still has it now, most likely they will. I just had to do something so I can organise the trip – today was the last day of the special fare to Los Angeles: isn’t it just my luck?

You should have seen the moon a couple of days ago – the most beautiful crescent with Venus and another star suspended above it. You know those pictures of women winnowing grain? – well, it looked like that, as if the stars were being tossed in the air by the moon.

Missing you a lot, honey, and loving you so. I am looking forward to that day that I know is coming – the day that we will meet. I know it will happen, I just don’t know when. Enjoy yourself in the meantime and live every second to the max as you did down here.

Love –

- Susan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home